26. know

H

  Harry pressed his face into the side of Louis' neck and blew out a soft sigh as he curled his arms around his torso, listening to Niall and Liam bicker over the choice of the next movie. His mate was loose and lax with contentment, hold light but protective on Harry and lips pressed gently to his temple.

  The feeling was comforting, grounding, soothing his frayed nerves and leaving him with a soft, warm heart. He was slipping in and out of sleep wrapped up close to his alpha, a soft whine escaping him when he yawned.

  Louis' chest vibrated with a chuckle and he nudged his nose gently against his temple  before he was gently shifting him away and standing up, making his way into the kitchen. Once he disappeared from Harry's line of sight, the omega turned his attention to Zayn and crawled over to rest in his lap.

  The beta hummed softly in greeting, immediately curling a protective arm behind his back to make sure he wouldn't slip and neither of the others could touch him, shifting slightly when Louis walked back in with a bowl of popcorn. His nostrils flared, blue eyes flashing before he was swallowing thickly and dropping down next to them.

  Louis' gaze softened when he caught Harry's gaze and he offered a sweet smile that made his insides warm, cheeks flushing deeply as he reached out to curl his fingers in his alpha's shirt. "Hi, baby." The older lad murmured, shifting his legs to support Harry as he slid back into his hold, swiping the bowl from him.

  Silence fell through the room at the sound of the doorbell, Harry's entire body tensing as his hand fell to Louis' thigh and fisted up, breathing speeding up. His alpha tugged him back against his chest, pressing his lips to the back of his neck while Liam walked over to answer the door, expression hardening.

  Harry's mother stepped forward to peer into the room, gaze immediately finding his and jaw clenching. Harry shrunk into Louis' embrace and tucked under his chin.

  "Hello," She greeted, her eyes never leaving the way Harry was hidden in Louis' embrace. "I just dropped by to make sure you were alright, Harry. I didn't...I didn't want to leave without knowing." Anne admitted quietly,  expression softening for the first time since she had arrived.

  Harry's chest hitched and he stared at her for a few silent seconds before he was clearing his throat and forcing himself to sleep. "I'm alright mum." He whispered, pretending not to notice her flinch and turning in Louis' hold, letting out a shaky breath after she left.

It's short but it's a thing sorry