Chapter 42: Progress

I woke up to an annoying beeping sound, as well as multiple groans. I opened my eyes, to find my alarm clock blaring. My eyes bulged. I had completely forgotten to turn it off last night. I fumbled my hand from out from under the covers, and smacked the device. It switched off, but unfortunately it had already done it's damage, and had woken up the entire room.

"What the hell Kayla?" I heard Lily yell from across the room. I sat up in my seat to see her clutching her head in her hands.

The group of us had fallen asleep at 2 o'clock. Five hours of sleep with a pending hangover was not ideal. I was just glad my clock was set for 7 not 6.

I rubbed my eyes, trying to adjust to the morning light. As I began to feel more awake, I took a glimpse around the room. Adriana and Erin were luckily still asleep, while the others had strained expressions on their faces.

Not thinking twice about it, I flung the covers off of my bare legs and headed out the door. I needed to get them water and medication. I grabbed some glasses and tucked a large water bottle under my arm. I dumped the refreshments in my room, before heading to the main bathroom downstairs.

As I was reaching for the medical cabinet, Josh walked past. He seemed to do a double take, before reaching the higher point and getting what I needed. "Long night?" He questioned.

I looked at him. He seemed amused. What adolescent teen boy would not find this funny? A group of hungover supermodels crashing at your house was definitely not the norm. "Was it that obvious?"

He laughed. "I heard you guys when you got home last night. It seemed like you had all enjoyed yourselves." I smirked at him. It was true, a few of them did go a tad overboard. "Maybe a little too much." He snickered to himself.

I shoved him with my shoulder. He looked up at me, slightly bewildered that I had heard him. "Do you think you could do me a favour?" Josh raised his eyebrows at me. "Can you get mum to make a big breakfast for our...guests?" He nodded, agreeing, while I stumbled back up the staircase to treat my grumpy angels.

When I re-opened the door, I noticed that the water bottle I had brought up was empty. The eight of them were awake now. Someone had pulled the curtains shut and they were all sprawled around my room, their heads in their hands.

It was a funny site seeing eight girls in their underwear, all looking as if they had been crying. "I have aspirin." A few of their heads shot up, while others shuddered at the sudden sound. 

I handed each of them two pills, and went to refill the bottle. By the time I had gotten back into my room, Candice and Miranda had dry swallowed their medication. I gave the rest of them their water and watched as the pills worked their magic.

Soon after, Behati and Alessandra were up. They hadn't had as much to drink as the others, so were able to help me. I chucked pairs of track pants and oversized t-shirt at the girls. A few of them pulled them on, on their own, but Candice just climbed back under her duvet. She had definitely had the most fun filled night.

I climbed over the pair of heels and exposed mattresses, making my way over to her. "Candice?" I whispered. She moaned and pulled the blanket over her head. "Come on Can, you need to get up."

"No." She complained. I frowned at her covered figure. I had to get her dressed. 

I looked around the room to see Doutzen also still snuggled up in bed. I guess I could leave them sleeping for a little while longer. I accepted the idea, and lead Miranda, Alessandra, Adriana, Lily, Erin and Behati down to the dining room.

The group of us, sluggishly made our way down to the awaiting food. We slipped through the door and each of us absentmindedly took a seat around the table. I sat at the head of the table instead of my usual seat, and looked at the table. I almost let out a gasp.