Chapter 26: Surviving Hell

We walked into the auditorium and that was the first time I actually allowed my mind to be distracted from my stomach, so that I could notice all of the celebrities surrounding me. There was Meryl Streep, Hugh Jackman, Bradely Cooper, and so many more icons.

I allowed Josh to lead me over to our table where we would be seated for the night, there looked to be hundreds. We took our seat at table 14, which was positioned just to the left of the stage, in the third row back.

As soon as I took my seat, Lola ran towards me, medicine in hand. I threw the tablets in my mouth and gulped them down with the water. Unfortunately that didn't stop me from feeling sick, but it did make the headache subside.

"Are you okay?" Josh asked.

I looked up at him. He had been looking forward to this night for so long and I was ruining it. He deserved to enjoy himself. "I'm fine. Go have fun with your famous friends." I tried to add in a giggle to make it seem that I was okay, but it wasn't convincing.

"You sure?"

"Yeah, Lola's with me now. It's fine"

"Okay." He left me with one more sympathetic smile before disappearing into the sea of legends.

It was another hour or so before everyone actually started to take their seats. In which I was having a splendid time trying to remain cordial. Many people had come up to me during that time period wanting to chat to the Victoria Secret Model, which kind of surprised me.

I expected all the celebrities to be above it all, to not want to talk to some model. It turned out many were quite interested. Though hard to get through, I did manage to have a nice conversation with both Jennifer Aniston and Mila Kunis.

Eventually everyone was told to take there seats and Josh came rushing to our table. It turned out that the table sat ten people, when all the guests had taken there seats, I was surprised to see 80% of them being the male gender. There was one other girl, but she looked to be too consumed with her phone.

"Do you know any of these people?" I whispered to Josh.

"Yeah, they are from the cast of 'Brawl Out'." I looked at him confused. "The movie I shot two months ago." He explained, I nodded in response to hear the camera director counting down to the start of the Golden Globes.

"In 3,2." And he motioned his finger for the final call.

"Hello and welcome to the 71st Golden Globe Awards. I am Elizabeth Banks and I will be your one of very many hosts or hostesses this evening." She stumbled on the many s's used which caused most people to laugh, me I almost threw up.

Elizabeth had a little speech before the first award was presented, then the next and so on. That was until they reached the category of Best Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture, Josh was under this title. He was against four other phenomenal actors, so I didn't know if he was going to win.

The two presenting this award were Jennifer Lawrence and Ryan Gosling. And of course knowing these two, there little snippet was laced with humour. "And the winner is." She paused. "Bill Murray."

There was an around of applause. I could see out of the corner of my eye, Josh slouch back into his seat. I leaned forward. "You okay?" I whispered in his ear.

"Yeah, I didn't expect to win anyway but thanks."

Just as I fell back in my seat, I got a tap on my shoulder. I turned to see Lola. She lead me into the lobby, I was hoping we would continue out the door but no, she stopped me. "What?" I asked.

"The stage director just approached me. Anne Hathaway has just pulled out from announcing the Best Motion Picture – Drama."

"So, what does that have to do with me?"