Chapter 25: Garbage Globes

I stepped out of the shower still on a high from the Victoria Secret Show. It had only been a week since the filming and the Golden Globes were tonight, so I had no time to rest. All I’ve been doing for the past few days was promoting Victoria Secret and doing photo shoots. It was exhausting.

I made my way out of the hotel’s bathroom and quickly changed into my white top that covered my chest and shoulders, a brown skirt that I tucked my shirt into, and my dark brown gladiators. To top it off I put on my simple gold bracelet and was out the door.

As I was making my way down the hall, I felt a slight tinge in my stomach. I was sure it was nothing, but when I made it to the elevator I got massive stomach cramps. I clenched my stomach in my hands, begging for the pain to leave.

I heard the ding of the elevator and hoped in quickly. My stomach was having a spasm, but when the doors opened, the pain subsided.

That was weird. I quickly recollected myself and proceeded outside. Since the hype of the Victoria Secret Show was over. I could walk out of the hotel without getting swarmed by cameras. There may be a fan or two outside that want a photograph but that was about it.

Lola had already left, we were going to meet up at the studio. There, I would get my hair and make up done, and then helped into my dress. I was so excited.

When I hopped in the car, I grabbed my phone. It was an hour drive to the studio so I had to some how keep myself entertained. I played a few games on my phone for a few minutes when I got bored. So I decided to start making conversation with the driver.

“So what’s your name?” I asked him.

“Victor, ma’am.” He nodded.

I laughed. “Please don’t call me that, I’m Kayla.”

“Well, um… Hi Kayla.” He said, uncertainty laced in his voice.

“Hi Victor.”

“What brings you to New York?” 

“I’m a model.” I said, confidently.

His eyes seemed to flash to the rear view mirror, looking at me. “That’s exciting. What have you been doing?”

“I just shot the Victoria Secret Fashion Show.” I smiled.

“Wow." He seemed suprised. "That’s impressive.”

I nodded at him. “Thank you.”

“Are you enjoying the city?” He asked, turning a corner.

I looked out the window, staring at all of the skyscrapers. “Yeah, I love it.” It's so different being in New York surrounded by buildings rather than beaches.

He raised his eyebrows at me. “I hear an accent there, where are you from?”

“Australia.” I said, proudly.

“Oh from down under.” He said in an overly bogan accent.

I laughed at his impression. “Yeah.” 

He seemed a bit over excited. I assumed he had never met an Australian before. “Is it true that you ride kangaroos to school?” 

“What?” I asked, confused. Where on earth did he hear that?

“Is it?” He persisted.

I thought for a minute. “Yes, in fact we do.”

“I knew it. Do you guys wrestle crocodiles a lot?”