Chapter 34: Getting Back into the Swing

The next two weeks flew by quickly, and before I knew it, I was walking out of my Ancient History class, grinning from ear to ear. I had just finished my exams. It felt as if a giant weight had been lifted off of my shoulders. I could breathe again.

Luke was walking next to me, his hand in mine. Since our argument we had decided that it was a major misunderstanding and just let it pass. I mean every relationship has its set backs, we just had to move on.

I led him to my car and we hopped in. "So how do you think you did?" He asked, giving me a peck on the cheek.

"I think I did alright but I am worried I didn't have enough detail in my extended response."

"I'm sure you did fine."

I smiled at him. "I'm just glad that this week is over and we can relax."

"Yeah me too." He paused. "We still on for tomorrow?"

I gave him a short glare before turning my attention back to the road. "Of course! I have been wanting to go to the beach for months!"

"Good, but I am expecting a jaw dropping bikini considering your connections."

I laughed sarcastically. "Very funny."

"But seriously are you going to be Kayla or Alice on the beach?"

"Oh my god! I didn't even think about that..."

"Which is easier? I honestly don't mind."

"I'll be Alice."

"Good." We pulled to a red light and I turned to him again. "Did you want to get something to eat?"

"I would love to." I paused. "But Lola wanted me home as soon as possible."

"I thought you weren't going to let her boss you around anymore."

"I'm not, I'm just letting my manager talk to me. She's been really uptight these past two weeks because I haven't let her book me anything with exams."

"So what do you think she wants to talk about today?"

"I don't know she seemed really excited."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I honestly have know idea what she's thinking."

"Are you enjoying being able to finally use your car?"

"Yes!" I screamed. "I finally don't always have to go out as Kayla or get Josh to give me a lift, it's amazing!"

We drove for a while before we pulled up at Luke's house. I dropped him off and then began driving back to my house. I pulled into the driveway and made my way to the living room.

When I walked in Lola was fidgeting with her hands. "Finally." She stated.

"Sorry." I apologised, taking a seat in front of her.

"We have a lot to catch up on!"

"What do you mean?"

"You have been out of action for two weeks! I have so many events waiting."

"Oh okay?"

"And your results came back from your doctors tests. You can start getting back into exercise but you still need to go to physical therapy twice a week." I nodded understanding. "Now today I booked you a fitting for Alex Perry's fashion show and early tomorrow morning you have a bikini shoot."

"How early?" I questioned.

"You have to be there by 4 in the morning."

"Oh god! Why did they want it so early? It's a Saturday for Christ's sake."