Yellow Cake and a Rose Chapter 1 [boyxboy]

Chapter 1

I check out my fangs in the mirror. My sisters, Cornelia and Alexandra, bump me out of the way with their hips.

"Gah," I pout and shake the spike hair out of my eye so I can glare at them to the fullest of my ability. They only laugh and resume doing their hair. This must seem like a full on war to you. But really, my family gets along well with me. Cornelia and Alexandra are identical twins but have some differences. They look around 13-14 in the human world. Alexandra has golden super straight hair with hazel eyes. She's bold, outspoken, yet polite at the same time. Cornelia has chocolatey locks that go perfectly with her piercing blue eyes. Her personality is more on the bad side, though. Constantly, she gets in trouble with the school, while Alexandra just argues a lot, but not to the point of suspension.

As for me? Well, I'm kind of the outsider on my family. Most people describe me as the wimp, the shy guy, or plain out freak. They also seem to dislike my cream colored hair.

And it doesn't make things better with the fact that I'm gay. Not one bit. When I walk in the hallways, names are thrown at me brutally and they hurt. They sting, like the bee's ass sticking into your arm or leg or wherever it is they go.

Although I've made it pretty clear at my school that I am, indeed, gay and not bisexual, girls still come up to me and ask me out. It gets kind of annoying after a while, because they should know the reason why I'm called a fag or queer, right?

I think that's enough about me. On to the present...

"Will!" my mom yells from where she is in the kitchen.

"Yeah?" I call back.

"Come over here," She replies, and I hear a crash along the wall.

"Yes, Mom?" I ask, peering at her curiously.

"There's a part at the Ellisons' house. Get dressed nicely, don't wear sweatpants, or flip flops. Put on eyeliner or something," my mom says, flipping some substance that I suspect is egg, in her pan.

Did you get freaked out at the eyeliner part? No? Awww! Anyways, my mom and dad both know I'm gay. And they're perfectly fine with it, which is weird, since ancient vampires are usually very uptight about sexuality. Whatever.

"Okay, mom," I answer happily and walk back to my room. I guess Cornelia and Alexandra already know about this because they were picking stuff out in their gigantic closet that they shared.

I have only barely managed to open my closet doors without clothes falling out when Cornelia and Alexandra rush into my room, squealing.

"You know what you should totally wear?" Alexandra asks, clapping her hands together excitedly.

"Mhm?" I wait for her to continue.

"Your olive green sweatshirt, a white t-shirt underneath, and your really, really, tight skinny jeans," Cornelia says.

"And your red high top Converse with a cute beanie!" Alexandra finishes for her. Cornelia takes Alexandra's consideration into thought, then nods in approval.

"I don't like my Converse though, everyone wears them now," I wrinkle my nose.

"But you look good in them!" Alexandra whines.

"Fine," I give in and shoo them out so I can change in privacy.

The clothes are easy but the eyeliner is always the most frustrating and difficult. I take my own tiny little brush and dip it into the tube of eyeliner. The brush they give you in the container kind of sucks at making fine lines. Applying the black liquid, I make an outline of a cat's eye, then fill the space in. I repeat the step for my other eye.

"Are you done yet?" Cornelia yells from the other side of the door. I don't reply and just open the door.

"Very good," Alexandra and Cornelia say at the same time. I smirk in satisfaction and go downstairs, but not before checking out my sister's outfits.

"You look great, honey," Mom gushes, drowning me in a giant bear hug. My dad looks at me and chuckles, but gives the okay signal anyway.