Yellow Cake and a Rose Chapter 7 [boyxboy]

Chapter 7

"Are you still gay?" Tristan asks.

"Yeah what's it to you? Are you embarrassed that you have a brother like me?" I spit at him venomously. Fabian starts grabbing onto my arms in case I go after my eldest brother.

"Yes, I am embarrassed. I don't know what to do whenever Mom or Dad asks me why you haven't got a GIRLFRIEND!" Tristan shrieks.

"YOU CAN GO TELL THEM WITH YOUR MOUTH THEN, WHY HAVE YOU KEPT IT A SECRET ALL THESE YEARS ANYWAY?!" I shout furiously, trying to get out of Fabian's Superman grip.

"Guys, shhh," Fabian hushes us as Mom comes up the stairs.

"Is everything alright?" she asks worriedly.

Tristan, Fabian and I all nod seriously. Mom shrugs suspiciously and leaves the room. We wait for her footsteps to get softer and softer, and they do. She should be downstairs by now.

"Who's your boyfriend? I want to at least see him," Tristan says quietly. My eyes nearly bulge out of their sockets.

Why does he want to see my boyfriend? Does he want to plan an evil scheme against me or something?

Maybe he just wants to get along with you, end all this silly arguing that has gone on for so many years.

Bullshit!

Well wait and see what he says. Ask him why.

Okay.

"Why?"

"I don't know...it feels weird not knowing your other half," he shrugs.

"I don't have a boyfriend," I say. Fabian just has to choose this time to pipe up.

"But he likes someone!" he chirps.

Tristan and I both stare at him, Tristan out of surprise, me out of anger.

"No I don't," I say the same time as Tristan says, "Who?"

"This kid called Will!" Fabian answers Tristan's question like an angel. I glower at him despicably.

"What's he like?" Tristan asks.

"Why do you care all of sudden? The last time you came to visit, you ended up calling me a fucking fag," I blurt out in despair. I don't want Tristan to know anything about me. I want my life to be private and in my own control.

"I've changed! Okay? Can't you accept my apology?" Tristan yells sadly.

"I didn't see your little apology anywhere!" I shout.

"I'm SORRY, okay? I'm sorry!" a tear runs down his cheek. Something is wrong, terribly wrong. Why would my brother be crying at a stupid time like this?

"What the hell's up? Didn't your girlfriend cheat on you or something?" I ask roughly, trying to show that I don't care at all.

"Do you know who she was cheating on me with?" Tristan sobs, looking up with an icy glare.

"Who?" I ask. I mean it can't be that bad right? The other guy always ends up being an asshole anyways...

"A FUCKING GIRL!" he yells in my face. I stagger back as his words finally mean something to me.

Oh. So it can be that bad. Oops.

"I'm sorry...."

"Because of your kind, our kind is losing everything we ever cherished. I loved her, Khyber, couldn't you see that? Why did you have to go to their side, too?" Tristan shakes my shoulders hard back and forth. I get dizzy from the room spinning in a blur.