Yellow Cake and a Rose Chapter 2 [boyxboy]

Chapter 2

"Will!" Mom calls, motioning for me to come over. From the stool I'm sitting on, I suspect there's a family she wants me to pay my respects to. I go over but keep on stuffing my face with yellow cake. I love that stuff.

"These are the Grahams," Mom explains to me.

"Hi," I say, still rather confused. My eyes flick over to a guy that's god like in appearance. Brown hair covers a little of his right eye and he has the greenest pair of eyes I have ever seen.

"Are you listening, Will?" Mom shakes me shoulder a little. I snapped out of my spacing out.

"Sorry, what?" I say, earning a cold laugh from the guy I was staring at before. So Mr. Hotness isn't very nice. Better to forget about him.

"I said, why don't you go hang out with Khyber?" Mom repeats, a little embarrassed that she has a son like me.

"Who's Khyber?" I ask, getting more confused by the second.

"The Grahams' son!" she points at the brown haired mean kid vaguely. I give her a definitely-not look.

I'll be right back, I say out of habit and rush towards somewhere so everyone can't see me.

I grab some more yellow cake and keep munching, munching, munching....

KHYBER'S POV

I watch as the blonde boy called Will walks away quickly. His small butt makes him even more adorable, and the way his tight jeans show off his perfect legs...yum!

Of course, I'm never going to date him. He's too shy for my taste. Unfortunately, my bottom region disagrees with me and I go to the bathroom to calm down. 

Later I come out and get tackled by my best friend, Annabelle. "Khyber!" she screeches, twirling around.

"Is this making me look like a girl?" she says, looking at her outfit negatively. She is wearing a pretty racerback tank dress.

"Yes, but you look cute!" I hug her.

"Did you see any hot guys around? Or girls?" she winks.

"Yeah, someone called Will," I say carelessly.

"Will Couture?" she asks.

"How do you know?" I ask confusedly.

"He's that cute looking freshman at our school that is super shy!" she laughs.

"How do you know so much about people?" I am genuinely stumped.

"Facebook," she says simply.

"Ah," I nod in understanding. Facebook is a website that some human created. It's immensely popular and has all sorts of odd things for you to do there like games, quizzes, wall posts, and much more. If you use Facebook you meet a lot of people, too.

"Do you want to go talk to him?" Annabelle asks, interpreting my emotionless face for a different meaning.

"No, wouldn't bother. He's a wimp by the looks of it," I laugh dryly at the mental image of him in my mind.

"Give him a chance," Annabelle nudges my arm playfully, which only gets her a glare.

"I'll do that when pigs fly." I agree sourly. She rolls her eyes.

"A lot of shit is gonna happen when pigs do fly." She warns me in mock seriousness. "But honestly, give him a shot."

"I will okay? After the staff learning day," I grumble. She grins broadly and gives me a hug.

"I'll plan the hotel room layout," she giggles. I punch her lightly in the arm.

"Pervert," I mutter and she laughs.

"What do you wanna do now?" she plays with the bow on her waistband.

"Eat," I say in the same bored tone I usually use. She drags me with her to the dessert region and I see Will stuffing his face with-you got it- yellow cake. Ugh, he eats like such a barbarian. Half my appetite is gone by the time he's finished his umpteenth slice of cake. He's gonna get fat one day, I think to myself in glee. Annabelle prods me as a reminder to get my food. I nod, reach for a dry looking piece of bread, and shuffle away from the table so I don't throw my guts up.

Once I finish, I walk outside onto the balcony. The sun is setting, casting a pinkish glow to the cloudless sky. A bush rustling catches my attention immediately as I notice that they are blue, pale roses. I pick up a fallen petal and smell it, inhaling the flowery feel deeply.

I spend the rest of the evening smelling rose petals.