Yellow Cake and a Rose Chapter 5 [boyxboy]

Chapter 5

WILL'S POV

"So that's the guy you like?" Emery seems in full doubt of my confession.

"No." I say immediately. That boy is a meanie! I will never like him. Grr. This is messing with my head. God.

"Don't lie to your best friend, Will. I read you like an open book. That guy, what's his name, Khyber or something, he's interested in you."

"You read his mind?" I ask.

"No. It's written clearly on his face."

"I'm an open book?"

"Only to me. To others, you're just the shy, cute guy who doesn't talk much."

"Oh. That's good to know. I wouldn't want my feelings splattered all over my forehead, you know?"

"I know. Oh yeah, and don't change the subject, smartie! You never denied liking him either."

"I thought I just said I don't like him."

"Mhm. Sure...."

Emery and I have been best friends since seventh grade, when we were in the same group. Nobody else in the group could handle me being gay except for Emery. Then in eighth grade, he realized that he himself was bi. So no harsh feelings really.

Khyber's really attractive but why does he have to be so mean?!

Maybe it's his emotional mask.

Wtf?

I don't know.

Ah shut up conscience.

No problem.

"What are you doing now?" he asks, brushing his long hair away from his face.

"Whaaa?" I jolt out of my thinking state.

"Thinking about Khyber?" he smirks, pointing to my heated face. I stutter like an idiot, unfortunately.

"I-I w-w-w-wasn't!" I rub my head nervously. Emery's smirk doesn't leave his face and he motions for me to go into his house, since we've walked to it already.

"Hi Mommy," Emery sticks his head in the kitchen. I do the same.

"Hey Mrs. Hudson!" I shout in glee. She smiles at both of us.

"Hello dearies. Go do whatever you do now, shoo!" she says, making a swiper motion. Emery laughs and pulls me up to his room. I like Mrs. Hudson. She trusts us enough to not make a big deal out of Emery being bisexual and me being gay. She knows we won't do anything. If you're wondering, yes, Emery is a vampire as well. Almost everyone I make contact with is one, unless I specifically mention they are a different species.

"Is there school tomorrow?" Emery asks, slightly confused about Staff Learning Day and all that. I shake my head, indicating that there isn't.

"Then what should we do tomorrow? Do you want to hang out with Khyber again?" he grins at my annoyed look. A sound from outside the window scares us. We look at each other and laugh.

"You have to admit, that was kinda scary, Emery," I say, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Yeah. Gosh, you're so cute," Emery pinches my cheek, something he knows gets on my nerves, and I separate his thumb and index finger away from my beautiful cheek. Laughter fills the room as he watches me trying to get rid of the redness in my face. Talk about painful!

"Don't you wanna call Annabelle up?" I ask, motioning to the phone position with my pinky and thumb sticking out.

"Yeah, but I'll seem too desperate," he thinks it over. "I'll call her tomorrow. See what happens then," he decides, nodding his head in determined fortitude.