Yellow Cake and a Rose Chapter 9 [boyxboy]

Chapter 9

Will shrinks into a knot as I approach him.

"It hurts," he whispers to himself, scrunching his face up from the stings. "Don't touch me," he says when I get closer. He groans in pain as I gently throw him onto my back.

He stops making noises and rests his face on my shoulder, his soft lips pressing onto my neck coincidentally. It took all of my willpower just not to let out a moan.

"Follow me," Mrs. Wally orders after everyone is ready to go. Chad is still groaning from the hard kick Annabelle gave him though, the poor bastard. I think her sneaker left a shoe mark on his cheek.

"Damn, how much trouble am I going to be in," Annabelle asks, fumbling with her cell phone again, then shoving it back in her pocket right when the principal looks back at us.

"Don't worry, I'll stay with you at home," I reassure her, re-buffing Will's position on my back so he doesn't end up falling off.

"Ouch," Will mumbles and his arms graze my chest by accident. I suck in a breath because of the nervous feeling it sets off.

"Are you enjoying carrying Will?" Emery asks, popping up next to me.

"Yes, very much," I say sarcastically, turning my head to glance at Will. Instead, I only get a mouthful of blue hair in my mouth.

"PFFT!" I spit out once I turn away from Will. "Blehhh, hair tastes revolting!"

"It's supposed to." Annabelle answers, twirling a strand of her own hair, while Emery laughs at my suffering.

"You two are so going to end up together," the cheeky sophomore says knowingly. I shoot him a look, the kind of look Mom gives me when she tells me that I am definitely not getting a new rose bush. 

"Yeah, when pigs fly," I answer back. Annabelle sighs in exasperation.

"When is anybody going to stop using that expression? Everyone will be sorry when some crazy scientist starts creating pig DNAs that make them sprout wings and fly off in to space. Hello, I need pork chops!" she complains.

"We know, we know," Emery tells her.

"Butterfly," Will lifts his mop of hair to point at a monarch butterfly.

"It's so pretty," Annabelle observes in wonder.

"It's beautiful but not as beautiful as me!" I sing, and nobody responds.

How rude.

Nah you're just egotistical.

"Hello?" I say insecurely, and Emery chuckles.

"Shut up already, emo!" a jock says, looking very annoyed.

"Who are you calling emo," I glare at him, making his shut up.

"Jock," I hiss at him when his glare doesn't leave his face. This doesn't daunt him, only makes him laugh.

He won't be laughing when I suck the bitch out of him. Bastard. His blood doesn't even smell good.

Calm down, you can kill him when he's actually done something wrong. He's just ignorant, like every other human here.

Vampires can smell out the species of someone around them. That means that us vampires know every other vampire in this school, humans as well. Unfortunately, for humans, they have no idea about anything. They may have their suspicions, but none of their theories have been proved right. We have always been able to hide it very well.

"You think I'm scared of you?" he spits in my face. I give him one of those Joker smiles, and I can tell he wants to stagger back a little.

"It sure seemed like it back there when you were on your knees," I point out, smirking as his eyes narrowed in provocation.