17 | up

"I never meant to make you cry,
I'll do what it takes to make this fly,
You gotta hold on,
Hold on to what you're feeling,
That feeling is the best thing,
The best thing alright,
I'm gonna place my bet on us,
I know this love is heading in the same direction,
And that's up."

---

17 | up

-Olivia-

I didn't realize that I had dozed off till I felt a tingling sensation on my face, waking me up from slumber.

It was a soft touch. A warm one. The one that makes you lean on and pull the person closer to you.

I know I was smiling as I leaned into the touch, wanting more.

The tingling sensation continued as the person stroked my cheeks and neck.

I didn't want to open my eyes. I was afraid that it was just a dream. And when I'll open my eyes, he won't be there anymore.

But I had to open my eyes. I couldn't close them forever.

My eyes fluttered open and I gazed intently at the person in front of me. The person Moon Goddess has destined me with forever. The only who is supposed to love me and cherish me. The one I am supposed to live and die for.

Chance saw that I was awake and he smiled at me. It was such a genuine smile. No arrogance, no cockiness. Just a simple, caring smile.

But I couldn't smile. I had too many questions. Too many to be answered. Too many I wasn't sure if I could ask.

He had promised he would answer me. And I hope he will fulfill it.

<><><>

"Don't touch my food!" I told him as I hugged my bag of chips closer to my chest when he tried to steal one chip.

He pouted and gave me a puppy look which made my demeanor falter a bit. But I resisted.

Chips come first.

"Shoo," I slapped his hand away and stuffed a fistful of chips in my mouth.

After waking up, I had quickly declared that I was hungry and I grabbed myself these.

I was honestly hungry. I always am.

But this time, another reason was because I wanted to procrastinate the situation a bit, and food is my way to deal with stuff.

"You are too feisty, little kitten." He said chuckling, as he made himself comfortable on my bed.

I glared at him and crossed my arms over my chest. "Shut up."

Yeah, that's the best comeback I could come up with.

We just sat there for a while before I decided to just start the conversation.

"So what were you doing in my house, unwelcomed and uncalled?"

My voice came out harsher than I wanted but I guess he deserved it.