41 | don't

"Don't fuck with my love
That heart is so cold
All over my own
I don't wanna know that, babe
Don't fuck with my love
I told her she knows
Take aim and reload
I don't wanna know that, babe."

---

41 | don't

- Olivia -

"What do you mean by there has been another rogue attack?" My voice didn't do anything to display the amount of shock I was in.

I thought that rogues have been reduced to an insignificant number by now. But this was the third attack in the last week that our pack suffered by rogues.

And they were, obviously not a small group of them. It was an entire army. They were a lot.

And they were trained.

Training requires money and trainors which give us a hint that someone was funding these rogues because otherwise, rogues are generally jobless.

This is simply because of the fact that alphas don't give them permission to stay in their territories for jobs and neutral lands are too risky and jobs are scarce there.

So they need to live on stolen food and need to run from pack to pack to get food and do odd jobs.

In all, their life's pretty pathetic.

So they never get to train themselves or buy the equipments even if they are in a group. Hence, it shocked me to learn how powerful this particular army was.

"I mean that they attacked again and my family was once again the target." Katherine gritted her teeth as she finished the sentence and leaned back on her bed.

We were sitting in her room where she brought up the topic.

"But...why are they suddenly targeting out pack? We aren't the strongest pack in America and we don't have much land under us either." I questioned.

"That gives them even more reason to target us, Oli. Because they feel like they can win easily." Kat's hand fisted and she growled lowly as she said. "But we won't let them win. We'll fight."

"Are they here because your father helped your grandma's pack to defeat them in Mexico?"

Kat looked at me and sighed. "I don't know. I am not sure. It can be the reason. But that's not the entire thing. They do want to avenge their lost partners by killing my father but that's not their original motive."

I sat patiently and listened as Kat continued.

"I don't know how accurate this is, but back there in Mexico, grandma told me that this rogue group has come together with witches to create an immortality potion."

I eyes widened. They found the witches?

Years and years ago, when witches started misusing their powers to exploit humans, vampires and werewolves had come together for the first time to lock them up or hide them. Some were taken away with the wolves for help, some were killed if they tried to protest and the others were compelled to live in the dense portions of the Amazon forest. No other supernatural creature knew what happened to them and where they were. Only the Alpha of each pack had control and responsibility over 2 witches each. One, who lives within the pack to help out and the other, who has been sent away.

Even a common pack member didn't have knowledge about their whereabouts.

But it was obvious that the witches were angry for what we did and it wasn't a surprise that they wanted revenge.