40 | all fall down

God love your soul and your aching bones
Take a breath, take a step, meet me down below
Everyone's the same, our fingers to our toes
We just can't get it right, but we're on the road.

---

40 | all fall down

- Olivia -

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" Cindy screeched as she tried to get up, but her pencil heels slipped on the washroom floor, and she fell back on the floor.

I didn't pity her one bit.

"This one's for calling my mate yours," I growled as my hand made contact with her face, slapping her.

The slap sent her face flying in the other direction and a red imprint formed on her face.

I am proud.

"This one's for hurting my best friend and being a power hungry wench!" I pulled her up by her collar again, and this time I punched her nose.

A cracking sound reverberated in the room and a wave of satisfaction flowed in my body.

This wasn't me. I knew it. I could never be so brutal. No matter how much someone had hurt me, I can never hurt them back this much.

I am not the violent type.

But apparently, my wolf is.

Because as I said, this wasn't me. This was my wolf taking control.

I whipped my head around to take a look at my image in the mirror.

I looked so different.

My cheeks were more flushed than usual, my pupils were dilated to an unnatural extent, my eyes were steely grey in place of hazel green and my eyesight and auditory senses had sharpened.

I gasped as I took in the changes in me. My hands felt more in control, yet were more trembling than usual. I could see better, hear clearer and my reflexes had definitely sharpened as I turned around the moment I felt Cindy move behind me.

In a flash of a second, my body twisted and my hand caught hers as I blocked her attack on me. She was going to raise her hand at me.

Bitch, you thought.

She snarled at me, but I growled. My fingernails digging into her flesh mercilessly. She really thought she'd try hit me and get away with that?

Hah! Mutt.

"So you finally dropped your innocent, angel facade, huh?" Cindy spat at me, wiggling as she tried to free her hand but I tightened my grip.

"I am not the one with a facade here. You and I both know that. You are the one who's pretending to be an innocent, defenseless and vulnerable lone wolf. You are the one who's trying to steal away mates. Not me. I don't have any facade on." I replied to her and I let go of her hand.

I didn't want to touch her. She disgusted me in every way possible.

Cindy just stood there smirking, and didn't reply to me. Her nose had healed- unfortunately due to werewolf healing but dried, crusty blood was still there. I doubted she was hurting anywhere.

What I did might be a lot for humans. But for werewolves, those wounds would heal in matter of seconds.

That thought made me feel both relieved and annoyed at the same time.

Also, I realized that my soul had shifted back to my normal self and my wolf was no longer controlling me.

It was good because I had a better grip on myself and I could think more rationally now.