61 | infinity

“Down to earth
Keep on falling when I know it hurts
Going faster than
a million miles an hour
Trying to catch my breath some way, somehow
Down to earth
It's like I'm frozen,
but the world still turns
Stuck in motion,
but the wheels keep spinning 'round
Moving in reverse with no way out.”

---

61 | infinity

-Olivia-

"We know that you are the Luna of the Mercy Wolf pack."

His words echoed in my brain several times till I could finally make some sense out of the complete and utter lie.

"No? I'm not the Luna!" I said, trying to defend myself but he just scoffed.

"For how long do you think this veil of innocence will work? We know the truth. Everyone does. Everyone saw that day in school how you entered with Alpha Reece, looking all loved up. You two were walking like couples, like mates do and your ex-boyfriend even got jealous. What was his name again—ah! Beta Chance."

Chance's name send shivers down my spine but the kidnapper thought of it as a sign of me getting scared so he smirked.

"You think that Reece is my mate because we walked into school together?" I asked, exasperatedly. How could they be so shallow?

"And your ex-boyfriend got jealous. Also you are calling Alpha Reece by his name, and an Alpha only allows his mate to do that." He concluded.

"No! No! No!" I whispered, frustratedly. "You are getting it all wrong! Reece is not my mate! He's just a friend and he let's me call him by his first name because of that and because he hasn't been crowned yet. Moreover, you are believing a rumor spread by silly, gossip loving high school girls, don't you think you should reconsider it?"

My reply must have offended or disrespected him because he growled in an instant and he grabbed the back of my neck, clenching my hair painfully as he pulled my face up to look into his hateful red eyes.

"I'm going to say this one last time. My pack will not get fooled by your lies. Either you cooperate with us and tell us where you're hiding the gem, and we'll let you go safely or you choose to be stubborn and get tortured. The choice is yours. Either way, we will extract the information out of you."

The venom in his words poisoned my heart as he exited the dungeon with his guards and left me with chilled bones and dried blood.

<><><>

So basically if we look at it, I am in this situation because I was stupid enough to agree to Reece's even more stupid plan and now these rogues think that I am the Luna and that I know the way to that gem.

But the thing is that I have no damn idea about the gem and the only think I know is that now I am stuck here forever.

They won't accept my reasons. If I tell them I was trying to make my real mate jealous just for answers— that too with my badboy Alpha, they won't believe it.

Groaning, I held my head in my hands, my legs were shaking with fear when I sized up how deep in trouble I was.

Looking up, I gazed at the roof, heaving a huge sigh when a realization crossed my brain.