47 | stitches

"I thought that I've been hurt before
But no one's ever left me quite this sore
Your words cut deeper than a knife
Now I need someone to breathe me back to life."

--

47 | stitches

-Olivia-

Romance novels have spoiled us.

Everytime we have a special night with someone, everytime time we're going on a date, everytime a guy texts us- we expect too much.

We expect because we read about it in a romance novel and the male protagonist had nailed every moment.

We expect because, in our minds, we have standards that have been set too high and we have dreams that are near impossible to fulfil.

But can you blame us?

A girl can dream, right?

That's probably the reason why when I woke up, I had expected to wake up with him by my side. I had expected to still be curled in his arms with my face placed on his chest. I had expected to wake up to him smiling down at me with sunlight falling on his face making his grey eyes look beautiful.

But you can't always get what you've expected, can you? Life isn't all unicorns and rainbows and nothing can be perfect.

When I woke up alone in the bed, with white sheets covering my naked body, I convinced myself that it was okay.

It is not important for him to be with me when I wake up. I mean, I can't be so demanding, right?

He probably went to freshen up in the bathroom. Or maybe I have waken up too late and it's like 6 in the evening and he has gone training. Or maybe he got hungry and is making himself breakfast. Or maybe he got a call for his beta duties.

The possibilities are endless.

So I decided to shove the sinking feeling in my chest away and I tried not to get dissapointed when I woke up alone.

I could hardly complain after the beautiful night yesterday and I didn't want to ruin the moment by being demanding and clingy.

It is alright if my teenage fantasy wasn't fulfilled and I had to wake up alone after my first time.

I was so convinced that I was okay and there was nothing to worry about. But then why did my heart feel crushed and my intuition was on full alert mode?

<><><>

Wrapping the sheet around me, I looked for my clothes in the room to find my blouse with all of it's button torn.

A chuckle escaped my lips as I reminisced the events of yesterday night and I clutched the blouse to my chest, preserving it.

I borrowed one of Chance's shirt from his wardrobe and walked back to my room.

I'll just brush my teeth and comb my hair before going downstairs for breakfast.

Entering my washroom, the first thing I noticed was my face in the mirror.

I noticed how there was a small, giddy smile on my face that refused to go. I saw how my eyes held a glint that shone in the light. I saw how my cheeks sported a proud blush and I observed how undeniably happy I was.

Giggling goofily to myself I decided to just take a bath when my eyes fell on a sticky note that was stuck to the corner of my bathroom mirror.

Furrowing my eyebrows, I took it off and read it.