77 | let her go

Staring at the bottom of your glass
Hoping one day you'll make
a dream last
But dreams come slow and
they go so fast
You see her when you close your eyes
Maybe one day you'll understand why
Everything you touch surely dies

'Cause you only need the light
when it's burning low
Only miss the sun
when it starts to snow
Only know you love her
when you let her go.”

--

77 | let her go

-Olivia-

"Things are going to be tough for you, Livy. As soon as we get back there's tomorrow, you'll have to face all of the pack members and you know how they are- they are going to talk about you, gossip and they won't care if you hear it." Ryder said with a severe expression on his face as we sat outside the tent on the green grass of the forest.

"I really don't care about them, anymore. Or, anyone for that matter." I said. "You know after all that I've been through, if there's one thing that I've learnt, then it is that when hard times come, you are all that you have. Everyone ceases to help you, your parents, your friends, your partner. Everyone. Regardless of whether they wanted to help or not. You are only one who can drag yourself up from the dark abyss into bright light. Someone can lend a hand but we have to reach out ourselves.

I don't really care about what others think because I know how I feel. I know that I've been strong and that I've lived through one of the toughest parts of my life. I don't need or seek anyone's validation to tell me how strong I am. Because to me, all that matters is that I've become stronger. Much more than before."

Ryder smiled at me. "You've matured so much, Livy. I'm so proud to see this."

Giving him a tight smile, I nodded and stared ahead at the horizon from where I could see the setting sun. It was a beautiful sight. The sky changed colours from blue to purple and vibrant orange, mesmerizing my senses.

We sat in silence for long. No exchange of words. It felt good. I felt a little bit at peace. But that was only till he said the next words.

"I think I should be going now, Livy. Someone's been wanting to talk to you for long." He said softly, beckoning behind us and I turned to see Chance standing awkwardly with his hands in his pockets and a nervous expression on his face.

Ryder started to stand up to leave and I almost stopped him. I didn't want him to leave, not because I was wondering enjoying his presence very much, but because I was afraid to be with chance alone.

Seeing Chance almost always reminded me of the times I've been my weakest. Of the times when I had let my heart take over my brain, and the times I had let myself feel too many emotions.

I had spent nights overthinking about us and what we had and now those times felt like nothing but a waste of time, thought and energy.

I could have done so much better. And I can do so much better.

And in all honesty, I didn't feel like I needed anyone in my life anymore. Well except for my parents of course.

I had learned to appreciate solitude, where you could work for yourself, please yourself, making yourself happy and not have to think about pleasing anybody.

And as selfish as that might sound, I am just done with dealing with people.

So when Ryder stood up and walked away, I wanted to walk away too. Certainly because I wasn't ready to confront this person I had once loved with all my heart.