Chapter Nineteen

Recap: "Stop!" Maria shouted, a tear running down her face as she clutched her head, grabbing fistfuls of hair and yanking fiercely. It was all a lie. All of it. The friendships she had with everyone, their will to protect her, her love with Sebastian...

Forced. Unwilling. Fake.

But Lillian didn't stop there. "Now that you know, on to the next agenda: my evil plan. You see, when a siren kills another siren, the power is transferred to them. Energy, power. It cannot be created or destroyed, only transferred. I conceived you, gave birth to you, and followed you around for years just to arrive at this moment. The moment when I kill you, I take your power for myself. Then, I will be able to do anything. I almost thought I wouldn't be able to finish what I started when that stupid Fallen King tried to take what was mine, but here we are."

And shockingly, it all made sense. This explained why she still needed to sleep and sometimes eat even though she was a demon; it explained her freakish non-demonic power of persuasion. Had Castizel known? Had Lyra?

Maria's shock was slowly being replaced by rage again. She was done. She had nothing left. Her entire life had been a lie thanks to this woman, and now revenge would be sweet. The others may not have truly loved her, but she sure as hell loved them and would save them. She would get revenge for Samuel, and herself. "Yes," she said lowly, standing up out of her chair slowly, "here we are. If you want me, come get me."

Hi everyone! Here is the last chapter, after long last! Thanks for waiting this out! If you don't remember exactly what happened, I suggest going back to read Chapter Eighteen. Remember, Maria is a demon-siren hybrid, and her mother has been following her all her life in order to kill her and take her power for herself - kind of like what Castizel attempted to do! Let's see what happens! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lillian laughed at her daughter's request, as though it were the most ridiculous thing she'd ever heard. "Oh darling, why do that when I can have William do it for me? You know what to do, Will." At her words, the demon stood, his eyes eerily unseeing her as he took a few robotic steps forward. Maria stood from her chair, pushing the piece of furniture away so that she had space to move. 

"William, you don't have to do this," the demon-siren girl said slowly, a part of her still not wanting to hurt the demon that had cared for her for such a long time. It was clear he was simply under Lillian's siren influence, and couldn't control his own movements or will. Maria received no answer in response. Instead, William lunged towards her. Maria dodged his arms just as fast, spinning around to face the demon once more. William had whipped around at an alarmingly fast pace, however, and his fist drove hard into Maria's stomach. The young woman flew backwards with a loud grunt of surprise, hitting the cave walls and hitting the ground. Her first instinct was to to push herself to her feet, and she did so with just a slight bit of difficulty. William wasn't going to give her a break; the dark-haired man sprinted at her again. This time, Maria was prepared. She dodged his blow by ducking under the fist aimed at her face. That fist slammed into the wall hard - Maria heard the bones in his knuckles crack and break - but William didn't flinch at all. What had Lillian done to him?

"Sorry about this," she muttered, wrapping her arms around his neck and bringing her knee to his stomach. Like it or not, she couldn't hold back at all, unless she wanted to die. This was kill or be killed. Maria landed two more of the same blow before William twisted out of her grasp, jumping back a few steps to put some distance between them. It was Maria's turn to chase after him, and a few well-aimed kicks and punches drove her opponent backwards continuously. She had to debilitate him somehow, to try to make him stop fighting without killing him. William threw a punch with his one good hand, but the blow was weak given that he was using his non-dominant hand. Maria caught the hand, and for a moment everything slowed. She could see Zeke and Sebastian training her, showing her exactly what to do in this moment.