Chapter Thirteen

Dedicated to eenhoorntje and their weird dreams! :)

Even though some time had passed since Sebastian had left the room, Maria was still staring at the ceiling, unable to sleep. She focused on the noises of the others moving and murmuring among themselves downstairs, and the slight tingling sensation in her back that told her she was healing.

Her brain was going into near overload in it's shock, almost giving her a migraine. First William and his weird threats and implications, then this secret that he spoke of - about her "fake" loyalty amongst the group, the mysterious She he had spoken of, and now Sebastian's out-of-the-blue declaration, and her own declaration back.

God, my life is really messed up. Or wait...is it Satan?

A small bubble of hysterical laughter left her lips as she thought this.

Maria then wondered where she went wrong to deserve all this. Ever since she arrived at the Phantomhive manor her life had done a complete flip. She had barely had a moment to breathe before the next problem popped up. Although, she couldn't complain, life was certainly more interesting outside the palace. Plus, she never would have met Ciel and Sebastian, and the many others along the way. Her mostly pleasant memories were interrupted by William's leery words, "I'm just going to show you that this little 'family' act that you have going on is just that: an act. It's fake."

What in the actual hell could he have possibly meant by that? It was all so confusing, Maria wanted nothing more than to protect those she loved from harm, and answers. Her heart hurt to admit it, but she probably wasn't going to listen to Sebastian's rant. She understood where he was coming from, she understood his worries and fears. But, there was too much risk. She would do anything to protect those who were protecting her, as backwards as that sounded.

As soon as she was healed, Maria would go and find the culprit behind all this. She would get her answers. She would rip off William's head and end him once and for all.

Then, she would rip off the mysterious lady's head. No one would stand in the way of her happiness ever again.

Ever.

-------------------------

She hadn't gotten much sleep last night, but her back had still mended itself quite a bit since she hadn't moved much throughout the night. A few more days, and she would be ready to go kill some beings before they killed her.

Despite the most recent shocking news delivered to them, the rest of the group seemed calm, going about and doing normal things to pass the time. Maria could see that all were getting bored with the situation, but the female demon could sense that this was just the calm before the storm. Something big was coming: the end of this whole mess. There would probably be one final battle to end it all, with her emerging victorious or dead.

She looked over at Sebastian and quickly looked away again, her cheeks burning a traitorous red. His confession from last night had somehow wormed its way into her dreams, or at least, Sebastian himself was in them. Very...risque dreams indeed. Maria began to stare into space as she remembered a particular dream from the night before.

They were going to take a bath together.

The "bath" was actually the size of a small pool, and the water was steaming hot. Bubbles overwhelmed the edges and spilled onto the floor.

Maria was already in the tub, unashamedly watching Sebastian strip. Her hand was weighed down by something, and she glanced down to see a diamond ring on her ring finger. Left hand. She glanced at Sebastian's hand, trying to ignore his now bare chest. He had a band on his finger too. They were married, at least in this dream they were.