Chapter Eleven

"You're dead. Sebastian killed you."

She had to be seeing things. This couldn't be real.

"He did do a number on me, yes. But I wasn't completely gone yet. It seemed Sebastian was so concerned about your potential return that he performed his duty insufficiently." William grinned, taking a few steps closer.

Fear froze her to the spot, but thinking back to that night she remembered what she had gone through, and what she was now. She could take him on. She could. As she stepped forward to take up the challenge, to finish William once and for all, a sharp pain jolted up her spine.

No, she couldn't take him on. She was injured. She needed to stall for time.

"Are you the one that put the bounty on me?" Her tone demanded an answer.

William snarled, "Do not speak down to me anymore, Maria! I am not your slave!" Then, suddenly calm again, "But no, I am not. I work for the one who called for your head."

"And who would that be?"

William grinned, revealing his sharpened teeth. "That's not for you to find out yet. But all the attacks were planned by her."

Her?

"William, what happened to your teeth?"

"I sharpened them. It's easier to rip my enemies' throats out, my dear."

William was definitely insane. Maria needed to find out why he was here.

"So, are you here to capture me then? Kill me?"

"No, I'm just going to show you that this little 'family' act that you have going on is just that: an act. It's fake."

Using his demon speed he was suddenly right in front of her, pressing her up against a tree. Her back flared painfully as the rough bark dug into the sensitive flesh. However, she didn't notice this, for William's face was very close to hers.

"Step back." She commanded.

"What are you going to do Maria? Order me?" With a short laugh he leaned in closer to whisper in her ear, "Like I said before, I'm not your slave. Now, I want you to call for Sebastian, or I," his sharp teeth grazed her throat and he groaned, "will have to make you scream."

Maria was still in a daze of sorts. She still couldn't believe he was alive, and yet here he was, threatening to hurt her... or do other things.

"I'm waiting," William warned, speaking against her neck. His sharp teeth consequently nicked her skin, producing a small drop of blood. She shivered as he licked the blood away.

"Sebastian," she whispered, too shocked and frightened to actually scream. Tears gathered in her eyes and began to fall. She felt so violated, violated because of a man that was supposed to be dead.

"Perfect. He's on his way." William suddenly moved back a little, but was still in her personal space. "His feelings for you are a lie. You're making him feel the way he does. None of them actually love you, they do it because you force them to."

"H-How am I forcing them?" Maria choked out. He wasn't making sense. None of this made sense. How would Sebastian know she was here when all she did was whisper his name? Demon hearing wasn't that strong.

"Once you are before Her, she will tell you. For now this is goodbye, but I will see you soon, Maria."

For a moment he simply stared at her frightened face, then suddenly lunged forward and kissed her harshly and roughly. Instantly she shoved him back, her demon strength finally helping her. William laughed, then turned and disappeared into the forest.

Maria, her knees shaking and unsteady, started to collapse to the ground, only to have strong arms encircle her. Thinking it was William returning for more than a kiss, she shrieked and began to lash out, not thinking of her wounds.

"Maria! Stop, it's me. You're okay." Upon recognizing the voice, she looked up.

"Sebastian."

The demon lifted her up. "May I ask what happened?"

"Just take me home first, please."

--------------
Double update because I didn't want to leave you all in suspense after the last chapter, but I think I just did anyways lol oops.

Vote and comment!