Chapter Four

By the time Maria reached the bottom of the stairs, Sebastian was already seeing the three people in.

Maria only really recognized one.

"Finny?" She questioned, stepping closer to the blond boy, or now, man. He turned around, and the two studied each other.

He had grown, and was taller than she remembered. He had a more muscular physique too, and she had no doubt that he was still just as strong as he had been when she last saw him, if not stronger. Then again, with the shocked look on his face as well, she had grown and changed too.

"Lady Maria? Wow, didn't expect to see you here! It's been a while, huh?" He rubbed the back of his head sheepishly as Maria nodded and smiled.

"Yes, it has."

"Maria, these two are Mey-Rin and Bardroy." Sebastian gestured to the other two people that had arrived with Finny.

"Hello, miss!" The lady, Mey-Rin, piped up.

Bardroy nodded, "Nice to finally meet you, Milady."

"Likewise." Maria said quietly, again nodding back to him. She knew Finny was human, and by studying Bard and Mey-Rin for a few moments she easily surmised that they were human as well.

"Please head into my office, you three. I will take care of your bags later." Sebastian told them and gestured down the hall to his temporary office, which served as the Headquarters of this operation.

The three quickly obeyed, and Maria stopped Sebastian as he went to follow them.

"Why are they here?" She murmured, briefly wondering if he was still upset with her.

"They are here to provide extra protection to Ciel should a situation like today happen again."

"They're human. They could get killed!"

"We all could get killed, Maria." He must still be upset, the usually composed butler looked down at her as he continued, "they understand the risk, and still decided to help."

And with those words, he continued on down the hall and disappeared into the office.

Maria went to the sitting room and collapsed into a chair with a huff.

Ciel, who was reading a book, looked at her before putting his book down.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Well, besides the fact that I have the whole supernatural world out for my head and I don't know what to do about it, nothing really."

Ciel simply stared, seeing through her lie instantly.

Luckily at that moment Grell walked in carrying a black ball of fur, saving her from answering Ciel.

"Who owns this?" Grell questioned loudly, holding up Nightmare between two of his fingers as far away from him as  possible.

Maria jumped up and took her kitten from Grell before he could drop him, answering his question as she sat back down with the kitten in her lap.

Grell sat down heavily before looking between Maria and Ciel and back again.

"Why did you come here, Grell?" Maria asked.

Grell looked surprised for a moment before answering, "I was bored, and this was a chance to see Sebas-chan again. However, he seems more concerned with you than me, which is a small obstacle that I'll have to tackle to gain his love." His voice drifted off, as did his focus, telling Maria that he was probably imagining he and Sebastian together, probably doing lewd things. She shuddered, deciding to change the subject.