Chapter 3 - An Unpleasant Encounter

Hello, lovelies. So this chapter is a little late because of a lot of things getiing in the way but here it is and you finally meet the bodyguard! Yay! :D I really hope you like it and please remember to VOTE, COMMENT, & FAN if you do! Let me know what you think. (:

_____________________________________________________________________________

I have always been a light sleeper, one to always wake and stir at just the slightest of sounds. So when I heard a series of very unexpected knocks thud on the door I woke up, looking around with half shut eyes. Who the hell would knock on the door at this time in the morning? That didn’t usually happen. 

Groaning, I threw the sheets to the side and stood up from bed, my balance wavering as I did. Knowing my mother she would still be sleeping and I didn’t want her to wake up so I’d go open the door myself. I was walking to my bedroom door when I heard a deep male voice speak, my mother responding in her own much gentler voice but of course I couldn’t make out much of what they were saying. So I decided I’d go out there and see for myself as soon as I became presentable. 

I went to the bathroom and used the toilet, brushed my teeth, then my dark hair, and splashed some cold water on my face. I quickly went to the closet and threw on a pair of dark skinny jeans, a white silk blouse that rolled up at the elbows and put on a pair of red pumps. The outfit was casual, stylish, and I didn’t look as if a train passed me over so I opened my door and walked quietly outside. For some reason I had the inkling that if I didn’t interrupt their conversation I would get a lot of information...

So I stood there, silent still, hiding behind walls that hid me from view. And then I heard him speak, his voice strong and husky in all it’s masculinity, yet velvet smooth. Something about the man’s voice told me he wasn’t old, that he had a power that resulted from confidence. But who was he and why was he here?

“Yes, and she’s sure she doesn’t know who they were?” The man asked.

“Yes, she’s sure. Otherwise she would’ve let me know.” My mom answered and then my heart started crashing loudly in my chest as I realized they were probably talking about me. “She needs a bodyguard.” My mom added and everything inside of me screamed, sure it was possible that they were speaking of something else but for some reason I seriously doubted that was the case. Just calm, down, Mila. This can be easily figured out. 

“Who needs a bodyguard?” I asked, my voice too forceful to be normal but I couldn’t contain my sharp tongue. I walked out of my hidden crevice and suddenly all eyes were on me. My eyes couldn’t help but land on the stranger that stood by my mom. 

He was, for lack of a better word, beautiful.

He towered over my mom, standing a few inches over six feet tall I guessed. His skin was a rich olive color and his thick hair was a dark brown verging on the peak of becoming black. His eyes seemed dark from where I stood but I couldn’t quite place the color and his body was obviously fit and muscular underneath his black suit. His facial features were striking, exotic, and roguishly handsome, with his strong-cut jaw, nose, and cheekbones. Everything about him was completely and utterly male. Hell, even his gaze was otherworldly! What with the way it almost had me shiver as he looked me over with those dark fiery eyes of his. He was easily the most attractive guy I had ever seen. 

Who was this man?

I hadn’t even noticed our gazes were locked until my mother spoke, breaking the silence and stillness of the air, “Mila, I wasn’t going to tell you like this but... I guess I should just get it out of the way now.” My mom said her voice awkward and uneasy. What? What was she going to tell me and how did it involve him? The thought of him made me look back at him, noticing the way he kept his posture strong with his hands held leisurely in front of him, shoulders back but not pointed, eyes as calm and overwhelming as the night sea. He was eying me carefully, assessing me, almost as if he was trying to figure something out.