Chapter 17 - Blue Obsidian

Please, feel free to point out any mistakes. I wrote this at one o'clock in the morning. I'm beat. -.-

Enjoy. (: Vote, comment, fan.

______________________________________________________

~Cisco~

I entered my apartment, greeted by the busy chatter of human movements. The television was on, telling me that Mila was watching it from the living room, or rather, pretending to watch it. She was not that at ease in the presence of someone new. Dee, however, did not mind. She was a natural at socialization, ready to speak to the chattiest of speakers and the most troubled of lunatics. Mila fell into the shy, introspective woman, far from chatty or troubled, and so I knew very well that she desperately wanted to be alone now. Even if I hadn't spoken to her about the matter.

But I had to speak to my closest friend before she left. I knew instantly that she was at the kitchen, judging from the movement coming to my left and the running of the sink water. Bless her, she was washing my dishes. I went to her, yanked on a pretty blonde lock, and waited for a reaction. She glared at me and stuck out her tongue. "Lovely greeting technique you've mastered, Cisco. Be careful, I'm getting creative," she said, pointing her eyes at my crotch. Oh no, no way was she yanking that.

"Don't get any ideas," I warned, protecting my genitalia.

Dee chuckled, blue eyes sparkling. "Relax. I still want you to have children," she said. I rolled my eyes and ignored the comment. "So what's been up?" Dee asked, her eyes becoming serious as she took on to business. I let out a long sigh. And told her everything, making sure I spoke as quietly as possible, for Mila could easily overhear. As Dee listened, I could almost her the gears in her brain start to turn. "And you're just going to wait it out?" she asked, surprised at my lack of action.

"Dee, I can't risk her. Can't use her as bait or anything of the sort," I paused, aware at the sudden sparkle in Dee's eyes. She was onto something, assuming. And that couldn't be good. I chose to ignore it and continued, "It's tempting, I know, but too dangerous. The plan could backfire-" Dee cut me off, eyes wide with shock. "Backfire? That's like hearing you talk shit about your appearance, Cisco. Too dangerous, I can let slide, but backfire? You've never doubted your abilities before." Dee gushed and smiled, over thinking and over assuming. "You like her." She said, her blue eyes practically beaming.

I kept my exterior cool but Dee's words hit the gut with a hard punch. "Delilah, I'm obligated to protect her. She's been through a lot and her mother was a sweet woman. She died wanting me to protect her daughter." And even as I spoke, I could hear the lies leaving my mouth.

Dee rolled her eyes, "Bullshit. Francisco, I know loyalty is your virtue. But I also know you don't do anything you don't want to do." Her words once again managed to pierce through my stubborn mind. Dee knew perfectly well how to get to me, how to give me advice. She understood me in a way that no one but a close friend could. And that was why her words got to me. She knew always when something was on my mind and it didn't take her long to figure out what.

And then she'd begin to torture me with it until I did as 'supposed' to do.

When I stayed silent and motionless, Dee continued onto the previous topic, knowing that she couldn't move me now. "If you won't use her as bait, what will you do?"

I looked into Dee's eyes, hoping for the answer. "I want to track them down," I said, my voice hard as metal.

She nodded, "I'll tell Mac."

"Alright."

"And what are you planning to do with Mila?" She asked.

I thought about it even though my mind was already made up. "She's going to stay here. Security is intact, cameras are too. Nothing will get by without me knowing. I'll appoint a far guard at all times." I said, knowing she'd agree with my plan.