Chapter 1 - Photo Shoot

Hello, lovelies! Here's the first official chapter of The Model's Bodyguard and I really hope you like it. It isn't long or all wow but then again what beginning of a story is? Please give it a chance and I assure you I won't dissapoint. I'd love to know what you think! Please remember to VOTE, COMMENT, & FAN if you like it. (: <3

_____________________________________________________________________________

I ran out of my room at the sound of my alarm clock, throwing on any pair of clothing I found suitable enough to walk out of the building since I had already overslept about twenty minutes. My mother would be asleep in her room so I went over to her so I could say goodbye. She was laying in her bed, looking a little too frail, thin, and pale for me to be happy. It pained me so much to see her like this.

Quietly as if not to ail her, I tiptoed to her side and laid a soft kiss on her cheek, feeling her unsteady breathing, before carefully tiptoeing back out of the room. I glanced at the kitchen before leaving, feeling a bit hungry but I could not eat. Not now. I was minutes away from an important photo shoot and if I ate now then I'd be bloated. The hunger was manageable; I was used to it.

So I walked out of the white double doors of our apartment and made my way down to lobby. As usual, I was greeted by the staff whom I had known ever since I lived here at the Plaza. It had been about four years now.

"Good morning, Milani." Allan the doorman greeted. I gave him a warm smile as he opened the door for me.

"Good morning to you too, Allan." I said and he smiled at me. The New York City air was hot on my skin as I exited the building since we were only in the middle of June so I was happy to get into the cab. I refused to take a private driver. That only took away the magic of New York and made me feel genuinely... fake.

I gave the cab driver the address of the building I was supposed to go to for the photo shoot and looked outside the window at the constant thriving energy of the city and its people. New York was lovely.

Once we arrived I gave the driver his money with a generous tip and stepped outside of the cab then looked up at the tall skyscraper above me. I had the suite number so all I had to was get there and get there quick because I was awfully late.

I knocked on the door as soon as I stood before it and it was instantly open by a frantic woman who seemed extremely relived to see me here. I smiled hesitantly and she rolled her eyes. Well isn't she just lovely?

"Thank God, Milani. We thought you'd never show up!" The woman exclaimed, throwing her hands in the air and turning her back to me, walking deeper into the suite and motioning awkwardly with her thin hands. I took that as my cue to follow her and stepped inside to be met by the usual photo shoot setup. The room was spacious with light beige walls and a huge white panorama. People clad in black apparel walked busily around, looking at me with relived expressions. I wasn't that late, people!

The only person I knew so far was the erratic shaggy-haired photographer whom I had met once and he was adjusting the camera lenses. Another man whispered something into his ear, causing his head to shoot up and he cast his eyes on me. He let out a breath of relief and it looked as if he had just seen God. Seriously. I wasn't that late.

"Milani Belvedere! Finally! I don't know why you supermodels take so long to arrive at a photo shoot. Be prompt for once! By the way, dear, you look splendid today! Was it the beauty sleep? Yes, it was the beauty sleep." He ranted in his british accent, coming to me and taking me by the arm over to hair and makeup area where a mirror, long table, and chair was set up for me. A woman waited for me with a bored expression.

"Hello to you too." I muttered sarcastically but the director, Charles, didn't seem to have noticed.

"There. She's here, this is- Oh, you know who it is." Charles said dismissively and walked away, leaving me with the hair and makeup artist. Almost robotically, I walked up to the chair and perched myself onto it, letting the woman work her magic on me.