Chapter 56

Amazing. Just want to thank all of you for reading. 75,000 reads, oh god! I'm so grateful towards all of my readers, I love every single one of you. Now to the bad news; tomorrow I'm going to Turkey for 2 weeks with my family and the update will probably be shit so I apologize in advance for that. Again, thank you for reading it means the world to me! Much love x

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sophie's P.O.V

"Come on, go out to all the guests Sophie! You can't just sit here, it's rude." My mother always makes sure that I don't run away from all the incredibly boring parties she throws.

"I'm tired." I whined. She just laughed at me and pulled me along with her. I'd hardly spent any time at the actual party, mostly because my mum literally forced me to wear this stupid strapless floral dress that she absolutely adores. I fought her for over 2 hours until she threatened to show Niall the big pink album, which I thought was hidden and forgotten in the corner of my drawer. The contents of that album are way too embarrassing for him to see. It has mostly all my baby pictures in it and even some toddler years. I gave up and agreed to put the dress on and act as a polite hostess. The second part isn't going too well and I have a feeling that when the house starts to get empty, my mum will pull out her big trump card and get the album anyway.

"Smile!" She whispered as she walked past me.

"Shut up." I stuck my tongue out at her, I knew it would drive her nuts.

"Someone's having fun, eh?" I felt his arms wrapping around my waist as his hot breath tickled my neck. I took a deep breath, inhaled the scent of his cologne.

"This party just got a hell of a lot more interesting." I bit my lower lip as his chuckle echoed in my ear.

"Glad you're enjoying it." He gently brushed his lips against my neck, only to tease me.

"Stop it!" I hissed. He just laughed and placed a kiss on my bare shoulder before disappearing among all the guests.

"Try to keep it PG-13." My mum grinned as she popped up next to me. I just glared at her and took a sip of my drink. Suddenly my dad appeared in front of us with a glass and a fork in his hand. He hit his glass with the fork and everyone stopped talking to turn around and look at him. In the corner of my eye I spotted Niall standing with some girls and I couldn't help but feel a twinge of jealousy.

"As you all may know, we're gathered here to celebrate the fact that my beautiful daughter Sophie has returned to us here in Sweden. And as most of you probably know, she's brought a lovely young gentleman with her. Although I've been quite protective of my daughter and haven't really allowed any boys to come near her, I am happy to have Niall in our lives and I already see him as a part of our family. This party isn't just a "welcome home" party but it's also a "goodbye" party since Sophie has decided to follow her dreams and move to London." Shit. Did he really have to mention that? I noticed Olivia and my other friends from school giving me confused looks. I haven't really told anyone that I'm moving...way to go dad. "So this toast is for you my princess, you grew up too fast and you're already leaving us." I managed to smile as everyone cheered and as soon as they went back to whatever they were doing, I started looking for Olivia. She'd already left. I'm not surprised though, that's usually what she does. When something doesn't go the way she planned or she doesn't get what she wants, she just leaves. I rushed out of the house and set off towards her house. I had to stop and take off my shoes since wedges aren't necessarily the best running shoes.

"OLIVIA!" I yelled as I approached her house. I rang the doorbell at least 15 times before she opened the door. "I'm sorry." I said, all out of breath from running.

"Sorry isn't good enough." She closed the door. I rang the doorbell again.

"I wanted to tell you, I'm sorry. But I didn't want to say it over the phone." She slowly opened the door again and looked at me with tearfilled eyes.

"You haven't spoken to me for weeks." A tear rolled down her cheek. She's right. She deserves an explanation, she deserves to know. I took a deep breath and looked deep into her eyes.

"Something happened." I whispered with a shaky voice. "Can I come in?" She just nodded.

Niall's P.O.V

"Niall, have you seen Sophie?" Sophie's mum looked really worried. She was trying to hide it but I saw the look in her eyes. "I've looked everywhere."

"Have you looked in the kitchen Maria?" She nodded. I searched the house, the backyard, I even called her phone but she wasn't answering.

"What do you mean gone?" Sophie's dad looked at us with wide eyes. "Have you called Olivia?"

"Olivia!" Maria yelled as she fumbled with her phone. I remember Sophie talking about a girl named Olivia, it's her best friend from school. But she hasn't mentioned her in a long time and she hasn't introduced me to her yet.

"Is she there!?"

"Robert, please calm down." Maria waited...and waited...and waited. She hung up and dialled the number again. "HELLO!? OLIVIA? Is Sophie there!?" We all kept quiet to hear the answer. "Oh, thank god. We thought she was gone. Can you please put her on?"

"I'll go back to the party." Robert whispered to me. I nodded at him.

"Honey, please don't disappear like that. I know- I know- I know but- Sophie, listen to me! Alright darling. But please be home soon." She hung up and sighed.

"What did she say?" Maria just shook her head.

"She said that she had to save their friendship." She shrugged. "I almost called the police!"

"Where is she?" We started walking towards the party.

"She is at Olivia's house, they'll be back soon. She said that she didn't mind missing the party." She rolled her eyes with a smile.

"You've done a great job." I smirked. "Sophie's just boring."

"Hah, thank you Niall. I like you more and more for every hour that passes." Maria nudged me with her elbow before skipping by me and diving into a conversation between some guests. I felt kind of lost and lonely even though people came and talked to me the whole time. I even found out that some girls had tried to sneak into the party just to get a glimse of me. Fuck, now that a few people know I'm here it'll spread all over the world and soon everyone will know. I looked out the window to see some paparazzis. Great, it's already started.