Chapter 5: Listen. He's mine.

Kuroko inhaled deeply and gather every ounce of courage he has on his body before he went inside their lecture room. It has been a week since he last saw everyone. His OBGYN, Aida Riko, due to Akashi’s persistent request (order in peasants’ language), prescribed a seven-day bed rest.

His husband, during this seven-day bed rest of his, also stayed cooped up with him in their apartment (a mini mansion as Kuroko calls it). He took good care of him to the point that he won’t even let him get up from the bed. He insisted on carrying him even if he’s only going to the bathroom. And that totally pisses Kuroko off.

After a good time of negotiating, (Kuroko agreed to sleep on the same bed, cuddling with Akashi from that day on) Akashi finally let Kuroko go to the bathroom on his own.

As soon as he steps inside, all eyes quickly fell on him. Every step he makes were being carefully watched. If you say that Aomine is a popular student in their university, Akashi then is a much bigger celebrity. Known almost everywhere in their country. Even outside.

The only son and the heir of one of the most powerful Conglomerate in the world. Coupled with great looks and genius brain. The perfect dream boat.

“Kuroko!” Kagami called as he pointed at the vacant chair beside him.

Kuroko nods his head as he placed a hand protectively over his belly out of habit. He safely reached the seat beside Kagami and he sat down carefully. “Kagami-kun.”

“How are you feeling? Does it still hurt?” Kagami asked worriedly.

“No. I feel fine. Thank you for asking.” Kuroko answered.

“Good.” Kagami then started reading through his materials. “You’ve got a lot to explain to me.”

“I know.” Kuroko answered.

Both of them stop talking and started focusing on reading their books. Kuroko wasn’t able to attend for a week and Seijuuro won’t even let him touch his books during his bedrest so he’s been pretty occupied in reading that he failed to notice that Aomine had just sat down beside him.

“Tetsu.”

Kuroko flinched and visibly got frightened as soon as he heard Aomine’s voice beside him.

“I thought you were told never to get near Kuroko!” Kagami stood up and protectively placed himself between Kuroko and Aomine.

“I… just let me talk to him, Kagami.” Aomine said with a hint of impatience on his voice.

“He just got back from resting because you stressed him out!  If you want to talk to him at least wait until he got out of his first trimester!”

“I just fucking need to talk to him! Get the hell out of the way!” Aomine-kun yelled as he slammed his fist on the table earning attention from the entire class.

“Aominecchi? What’s going on?” Kise, who had just arrived, went straight to his boyfriend’s side.

Aomine kept on ignoring him. His stare is only focused on Kuroko who’s hanging his head lower as if he wants to hide in his book. “Tetsu… Just please… please talk to me.” He pleads. “I was not thinking last time. My emotions got the better of me and I just blurted all that out without even thinking! I don’t mean every single word that I say. Please, Tetsu. Talk to me.”

“You’ve got guts!” Kagami finally snapped. “Oi, you blond! Take your boyfriend somewhere far or I’ll beat the hell out of him!”

Kise managed to drag Aomine out of the classroom with the help of Furihata and a few classmates.

********

Kuroko was left alone sitting on a bench waiting for his next class.

He doesn’t want to be alone. He knows that Aomine got a free time as well and he’s afraid that the other would approach him again.

“Tetsu…” Kuroko jolt up and quickly grab his bag preparing to run. But Aomine is faster than him. He managed to grab Kuroko’s arm and carefully pulled him back. “Please. I really need to talk to you.”

“I have nothing to say, Aomine-kun.”

“just… Just listen to me, alright?”

Kuroko thinks for a while before reluctantly nodding his head. He sat down back to where he was sitting before Aomine arrived and put a hand over his stomach. Aomine sat down beside him as he watched Kuroko ran his left hand over it. He then saw the ring on Kuroko’s left ring finger, the very same finger that he dreams wearing the ring that he bought six months ago after taking more shifts to propose to the blue haired beauty on their anniversary. Dreams that he momentarily forgot amidst Kise’s seduction. 

“You’re really married to him?” He asked sadly.

“Hm.”

“How did you know him? Do you… Have you been in contact with him during our relationship?” Aomine asked.

“No. His name is the only thing about him that I know.” Kuroko honestly said. “The only time that our path’s crossed is when I bumped into him on our anniversary, on my way to the lab…”

“Lab? Why would you go there? You don’t have a class that got to do with the lab.”

“Sakurai-kun said that you’re in the lab.” He said. “I just never thought that you’re not alone.”

Aomine tried to process in his head the meaning of what Kuroko was saying, after a while, he suddenly realized what Kuroko meant. “You…” His eyes widened as he stared at his ex-boyfriend.

“You really think that I just got the urge to ask you if you’re cheating on me?” Kuroko sharply asked. “I’ve heard rumors before but I never thought that I will see it with my own eyes.”

“Tetsu…”

“You don’t need to explain. I got the message. You love him more than you’ve ever love someone before.” Kuroko turned his head and looked at him in the eyes. “I really thought that I will grow old with you. That you really mean it when you said that you’ll wait… when you said that you love me…” Kuroko smiled sadly. A really sad smile that Aomine can’t help but want to put his arms around him and tell him how much he wanted to be the one fathering the baby within him right now. How he realized that Kuroko is the one he loves the most and the one that he really wanted to be with for the rest of his life. “But after the storm comes the sun. You were the storm that hurt me and broke me and Seijuuro was the sun that picked me up.”

Aomine fell silent. He’s got nothing to say. Every word that he wanted to tell him disappeared as soon as he sees the smile that paints Kuroko’s face when he mentioned Akashi. It was so beautiful yet it pains him the most. “Do you… Do you love him?”

“I’m not… I’m not sure.” Kuroko answered. “I only know one thing. That is, I felt safe whenever I am with him. Just his presence alone can calm me down.”

“What about me? Do you still love me?” Aomine asked bravely, hoping that Kuroko would say the word that he wanted to hear, that he’s still the only one that his heart yearns for. That he’s the one that he needs.

“I was burned once. I never want to be burned by the same fire.” Kuroko answered. “I need to go.” Kuroko took his bag. “My class is about to start.” He left Aomine sitting in the bench.

Aomine just kept on staring at Kuroko until his figure disappears. He placed his elbow on his lap and buried his head on the palm of his hand.

“And here I was, thinking that I would need to come in and save my Tetsuya from your unintelligent outburst.”

Aomine lifts his head and glared at the man that was now standing by his side. “What the hell do you want?”

“I want the best for my family.” Akashi smirks. “And I don’t like the look that you got on your face.” The smirk on his face disappears. “I was inclined to cut you right now with my scissors for insulting my husband and making him cry the other time but I still owe you. So I’ll let you go for now.”

“Owe me?”

“Yes. I ought to thank you for being stupid. Thank you so much for breaking up with him. Thanks to you I met the love of my life. Listen. He’s mine. And he’s never going to be yours again. Not now. Not ever. So don’t even think on making a move or you’ll suffer the consequences.” He said as he throws a scissor on the bench I was sitting on that he got from nowhere.

“What the-!” I quickly stood up and get away from the bloody red scissors that was now embed deeply into the bench. “Are you trying to kill me?!”

He smirked dangerously. “I won’t miss the next time.” Turning his back on me, he left.

*********

We’ll get to see Aomine’s thoughts next chapter!

Why did he do what he did?

Will finally find out!

YukiGane