Chapter 24

“You ready?”

Am I ready? After 13 years of schooling, countless sleepless nights, the drama, the fun, the heartbreaks, the friends, and the enemies, was I ready to finally walk across the stage and be an alum?

“I think so.” Dom smiled at me and kissed the hand he was holding as he parked the car in the parking lot of the arena. Because Dom was the principle, he had to be here much earlier to ensure everything was in place and that all the teachers knew what they were doing.

I still had another hour before I had to be there, so when Dom left, I stayed in the car listening to Sam Smith. His voice always did wonders to calm me and make me feel peaceful.

I closed my eyes and let the words wash over me.

                ‘Guess it's true, I'm not good at a one-night stand

But I still need love cause I'm just a man

These nights never seem to go to plan

I don't want you to leave, will you hold my hand?’

At this point, I began to reminisce on my life and how much it has changed in just a year.

A year ago, Dr. Romano was just my fiancée.

A year ago, I was struggling to support my brother.

A year ago, I was Black Orchid.

A year ago, I thought I was happy. I thought just having my friends and Orlando was enough to fulfill me, but Dom taught me differently.

Dom came into my life and just made it better. He provided for me and Orlando when he didn’t have to. He gave me a reason to finally leave stripping. He gave me four beautiful children that I love with all my heart. Dominic Romano gave me more love than I could ever hope to receive from him.

Dominic Romano saved me.

I opened my eyes and realized that Stay With Me was over and that Fragile by Tech N9ne was playing. I rocked with the beat as I watched more students start to pull up to the arena also. I turned off the car, and headed inside where I knew all the teachers would be awaiting our arrival.

As my heeled foot stepped out of the car, I sighed. Let all the chaos begin.

***

Choas didn’t even begin to explain what occurred when all the students got to the arena. Teachers were trying to direct where everyone was to sit, but of course there were hard headed students who thought it would be funny to not listen.

Slowly, but surely you saw the teachers to become aggravated and flustered with us all, but of course Dom took over and regained order.