Chapter 21

Dominic’s POV

“Push! You got to push through it!” My face was dripping in sweat and I felt like I was pulling a 500 ton bus, when I was actually just walking 5 feet.

“I’m trying!” I snapped as the nurse opened her mouth to yell encouragement at me again. I know she was trying to help, but she was actually just making me more frustrated.

“Dom! Apologize, now!” I rolled my eyes at Charlotte and went back to concentrating on walking. I loved her so much, but I just felt so inadequate for her.

And she was spending so much time with TJ, it was making me sick. I mean, she might as well just go be with him!

“Dom, you’re done for the day, good job.” The nurse gave me a high five and walked away as if I didn’t just snap at her and I loved that. I didn’t want to be treated like a cripple.

“Ready to go back to the room?” I nodded at Charlotte and we slowly walked back to my room. I was a very lucky case because my speech corrected very quickly and my walking was improving greatly. It had only been 5 weeks since I woke up and I was already walking, although slowly, I was still walking.

Charlotte was very quiet on the way back and she looked like she had something on her mind, but I left her alone. If she nagged me again, I felt like I’d explode and I loved her too much to hurt her that way. When I opened the door, I sighed because TJ was already here waiting for us, and it didn’t help that Charlotte brightened immensely when she saw him.

I know I wasn’t the most fun to be around, but did she really have to be so blatant?

“TJ! I’m hungry!”

“So go get some food.” He rolled his eyes and smirked when she hit his arm. I felt like gagging. They could at least get out of my face with all that flirting.

I slowly got back into my bed and started flipping through the channels until I saw a baseball game on TV. Baseball used to be my favorite sport as a kid and I just got away from it as I grew up. Maybe I can play again when my legs heal up.

I realized that both TJ and Charlotte were staring at me and I got annoyed. “Can I help you with something?” I asked sarcastically. TJ just shook his head in disappointment and walked out of the room quietly.

“Dom, what’s wrong?” I sighed and continued to watch the baseball game. “Dom, talk to me!”

“No! Why don’t you go crying to TJ, like always! I mean you’re always flirting with him anyway, so leave me alone and go f*ck him already!” I saw her eyes fill with tears and I felt bad for the way I screamed at her, but I still didn’t take anything back.

“I sat by your side for 6 months. I’m having your 4 children, and this is what I get? I don’t want TJ, if you haven’t noticed! All I want is you, but do you still want me?”

“And that’s the mystery of the decade, because I don’t know.” I didn’t mean that. I know I didn’t.

Apologize.

I ignored my conscience and watched as Charlotte left the room crying. I possibly just lost the most important thing to me because I felt emasculated by her dependence on my best friend. I should be the one taking care of her during her pregnancy, but instead I’m hurting her.

I tried to get out of bed and chase after her, but my weak legs wouldn’t hold me up after all the stress from therapy. “F*ck!” I screamed in frustration.

For the first time in those 5 weeks since I woke up, I cried.

After a couple minutes, the door flew open and a livid TJ strode to my bed and grabbed my gown and pulled my into his face.

“Whatever you got going on your head, you better cut that sh*t out! That girl out there loves you with all her heart and this is how you treat her? She’s risking her reputation and life to be with you and have your kids! Charlotte does not want me, she wants you. She comes to me for things because he doesn’t want to stress you out. She does everything for you. She decided to take on line classes to pass high school because she didn’t want to leave your bedside. Get your head out of your a*s and realize that you have a great girl out there!”

“She won’t want me anymore.” I mumbled. I’d given up. I destroyed any chance I have with her. TJ’s phone started to ring and he listened to the message quickly before hanging up.

“Well here’s your opportunity to make it up to her. The stress put her in early labor. She’s going into emergency surgery now.”

***

Charlotte’s POV

I was crying silently as the doctors prepped me for surgery. I was scared.

Really scared.

I couldn’t have these babies now! I wasn’t ready for them! I was only 18 years old and based on Dom’s answer, I was newly single and homeless. I don’t know what to do. My babies will not go into foster care, but I’m alone.

I closed my eyes and prayed over and over to God. I just wanted him to keep my babies safe. I felt somebody begin to rub my hair and kiss my forehead. I expected TJ, but I was shocked to find a tearful Dom.

“Forgive me, Querida. I was wrong. Forgive me, just please don’t leave me.” I was speechless from the change in attitudes by Dom.

“I thought you didn’t want me anymore.” I said before sniffling back my tears.

“I’m stupid. I was mad at myself and I took it out on you. I love you with all my heart and after you have these kids, you’ll be my wife.”

I let out a watery chuckle. “You’re just caught up in the moment. Let’s focus on having these kids now.” Dom gave me a weird look, but he kissed my forehead and tried to take my mind off the terrifying surgery I was about to undergo.

“Ms. Avery, we are about to cut. Be prepared to meet baby 1 very soon.”

***********************************************************************************************************************

She's having the babies! What do you think about Dom's minor flip out??

Will his legs cause them more problems?

What do you think the sex of the kids will be???

Next chapter, both Charlotte and Dom will be going home with the babies! :)

There will be more Orlando, and Viv, and Ferra! 

Tell me ALL feedback you guys have! I love feedback! 

Vote! Comment! Fan me!

Love you guys! :P