Chapter 3

I felt awkward stepping into the school doorways, knowing that the same man that watched me dance half naked was governing the school. I made my way to my locker without running into Fey and I was thankful.

That night had taken its toll on me and recovery was taking longer than necessary. I was drinking extra amounts of water and peeing like a pregnant lady.

“How are you feeling, Aves?” I turned to find Dr. Romano grinning at me like we were best friends. Since when did my last name get shortened even more?

“Fine, a little tired. Why don’t you ever call me Charlotte?” He shrugged.

“I like Avery better. The bell is about to ring, get a move on.” I rolled my eyes at him and made my way to class and he was right, the bell did ring. I walked into the classroom right on time and made my way to my seat next to Fey. She smiled at me, but went back to scribbling down answers to her homework that she forgot to do last night.

I put my water bottle on the desk and started to pull out my book for class. I’d already missed the whole’s week worth of material, so I might as well pay attention. “You decided to grace us with your presence again, Ms. Avery.” I fake smiled at her, then frowned and looked back at the notes that Fey had given me to copy.

I took some more sips of my water until my water started to protest against it. I raised my hand and Ms. Gillians nodded to me in acknowledgement. “Can I please go to the bathroom?”

“No.” No explanation. No anything.

“Why not? It’s an emergency.”

“No, I said no.” I simply could not deal with this woman today. I was still partly tired from work last night and I still was a little dizzy. I gathered up my stuff and put it right back in my book bag. I guess no lessons this week for me. “Where are you going?”

“The bathroom and then the principal’s office. I know the deal.” I left before she could argue and I whistled as I made my way to Dr. Romano’s office. I didn’t even knock, which was wrong of me, but I was shocked to find a woman straddling him and unbuttoning his shirt.

I quickly stepped out and slammed the door and sped to the bathroom across the hall. He was about to have sex in that office. Sex with that woman.

I was a little hurt by the revelation even though it was obvious. I wanted him to want me, whether that was looked upon as moral or not. He had looked at me with such lust and passion and I wanted him to act upon it.

But of course he wouldn’t. He looked at Black Orchid with that lust and passion, not Charlotte Avery. “Avery, Come on out.” My breath caught in my chest and I froze. “You dropped your notebook outside my office so I know it was you who saw.” Yea, saw you with that woman.

I stepped out of the cubicle and frowned at his disheveled appearance. “You could’ve at least cleaned up before you came after me.” He shrugged.

“If anyone can see me like this, I guess it would be you.” I was beyond caring about respect at this point. I was about a minute from seeing his ding a ling anyway.