Chapter 23

“I don’t know. I just feel beat down from everything. All of mine and Dom’s time is being dominated by the kids. I mean, I love them to death, but I’m just worn.” Valerie liked her cherry red lollipop and took on a thoughtful look.

“Hmm, I say take a night off.” I scoffed at her.  When did I have time between taking care of my kids and taking care of the house to have a night off?

“Is that even possible for me?” Val rolled her eyes.

“You do have two god parents for a reason.” She pulled out her phone and talked to someone that sounded suspiciously like TJ. She hung up and grinned widely at me. “You got two baby sitters for tonight. Plan a sexy get-a-way.” I hugged Val from across the couch and I felt like crying. I had the best friends ever.

“Thank you so much! I owe you.” She waved me off.

“No you don’t. Why don’t you go drop by Dom’s job and give him a little heads up?” She winked at me and I rolled my eyes before grabbing my keys off the table and jumping into my car. I rolled up to school and heard the bell ring signaling lunch.

I definitely don’t miss school lunch. Due to my on line schooling, I was able to finish off my senior year early, so now, I just have to make it to graduation. Luckily, I’ll still get to graduate with my fellow classmates.

I strolled into the school whistling and waved at a couple familiar faces before I turned towards the main office. I walked in and found it strange that there was no warm secretary face to look at, but I figured she had to eat too. I opened Dom’s office door and I was shocked to see some woman all over my man. I wanted to have a hissy fit and grab her and throw her away, but knowing me, I was a little more rational than that.

As the scene played out in front of me, I noticed a couple key things. Dom looked uncomfortable and he was trying to get away from her. I didn’t know who this lady was, but I was happy to see that my man was not engaging in this. I cleared my throat and the two jumped apart, Dom panicking when he noticed me at the doorway.

This woman, whoever she was, didn’t even have the audacity to look embarrassed when I caught them. She looked frustrated, probably from my untimely disruption. “Oh, Ms. Avery, what are you doing here? Can you please give us a moment, Ms. Williams?”

‘Ms. Williams’ strolled out of the room and I shut the door behind her and locked it for good measure. The minute the door was shut, Dom rushed over to me trying to convince me of what I saw.

“Querida, that as all her! I promise I was not in that at all! All I want is-” I pulled him down into a scorching kiss and pulled away slowly.

“I know what I saw and you need to let her know that you are mine.” Dom’s eyes darkened in appreciation and I kissed him for good measure. “Tonight, you will meet me at a location. I will text you the address soon.” I gave him the once over and I must say he looked so good in his dress shirt that was rolled up and black slacks. “Oh and don’t change. You look sexy.”

I walked out of the office, grinning, but that dropped when I saw Fey, excuse me, Lafayette, with Maylin. They were hugged up against the lockers and I had to admit, they were a cute couple.