Chapter 10

I shakily stepped out of the bathroom and leaned against the wall. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before walking into Dominic’s office. He smiled when he noticed me at the door, but frowned when he saw my shaken expression. I knew I looked like I was about to throw up all over the floor.

“What’s wrong, Aves?” I slowly pulled the pregnancy test from my book bag. He eyes widened and I sat down in the chair.

“We were so close, Dom. We never used protection and we did it more than once that night.”

“I know. I’m sorry, Aves. I should’ve been thinking before I did what I did and didn’t use protection.” He looked like he was really beating himself up, but it was written all over his face that he’d just had a complete reality check. I got up and walked over to Dominic to give me a hug and when I did, he pulled me into his lap and snuggled his face into my neck.

Ever since that night, we’d been friends with a little more touching. I wish it was friends with benefits because I’d be lying if I said I didn’t enjoy that night.

Very much.

“What would you have done if I was pregnant?” Dominic hummed into my neck and he thought and I chuckled because the vibrations were tickling me.

“I would have relinquished my body guard spot to my second in command.” I pulled away and looked at him, shocked.

“Why in the world would you do that?” He chuckled.

“The company I mine, so I would run it from the sidelines. I wouldn’t want to put myself in danger with two new, precious priorities.” I knew if my face could turn red, I’d be blazing from that statement. Dominic was always saying some comment that just made me want to melt.

“I don’t know about two.” I said, laughing awkwardly. I didn’t know how else to answer his blatantly flirty statements. I felt his arms tighten around my waist.

“Don’t doubt it, Aves. You are already precious to me.”

A knock came at the door and I sprung out of Dominic’s lap and sat back down in my chair, quickly. The door opened and of course, Ms. Gillians was as at the door. “Why am I not surprised you’re here?” I flashed her a dirty look and looked back down into my lap.

My heart stopped when I noticed the pregnancy test was still on his desk. Dominic seemed to notice also and stood up quickly. “Kate, I think I see something in your hair.” He stood up and moved close to Ms. GIillians to block her view of me. I quickly grabbed the test and stuck it in the pocket of my jeans.

Dominic backed up and Ms. Gillians’ face was beet red and she had a lustful expression on. I felt annoyance build up in me at the sight and I sighed loudly. “Dr. Romano, I’ll see you later.” He knew that by later, I meant we are meeting at my house.

He nodded in understanding and I left the room, quite jealous of the fact that my teacher was crushing on my man. Even if he wasn’t technically mine, he touched my body and I touched his.