Chapter 17

“Maylin, why are you here?” His smirk dropped and he bounced himself off of my car. He tried to wrap his arms around my middle, but I pushed him off and he frowned, trying again, but Scott cleared his throat to remind Maylin that he was here.

“Oh you got body guards now? Come on, baby. I want to go home.” The parking lot was quiet and Maylin wasn’t exactly quiet, so I’m almost positive that Dom heard, I just hoped that he didn’t react.

It would be horrible if the Superintendent’s son discovered our relationship.

“Maylin, stop. We are over and have been for 2 years.” He paused and then grabbed my arm, tightly.

“No! We are not over! I love you and you love me!” I yanked my arm back and when he lunged out for me, Scott jumped in and pushed him back roughly. “Get away from me, I need to talk to my girl.” He tried to get past Scott again, but Scott pushed him back once again.

“Look, Charlotte said she doesn’t want to talk, so I suggest you leave now.” He fought against Scott again, but Scott being twice his size, pushed him back and held his forearm against Maylin’s neck. “Leave if you know what’s good for you.” Finally getting the hint, Maylin glanced longingly at me, but straightened his clothes and began to walk away.

“Charlie, I miss you. I’ll be seeing you around.” I shivered at his promise and wrapped my arms around myself, wanting some kind of comfort.

I got in my car and took deep breaths while I waited for Dominic to make his way to the car. A minute later, after talking with Scott, Dom stormed into the car and drove off quickly in anger. I laid my hand on his white knuckles and he relaxed slightly before retightening his hands.

“I want you to stay away from him. No matter what he says do not get caught along with him, he’s a snake.” I understood he was angry, but that sounded a little harsh to be talking about his boss’s son.

“I get it, but why are you so angry.”

“I’m mad because that’s Mauricio’s son. That dirt bag can never be out of my life.”

How the heck did the Superintendent end up having a son with a drug lord?

***

On top of dealing with Maylin today, I was having horrible nausea and I was absolutely miserable. Being 2 months pregnant, I was already getting nervous because I was bigger than I thought I should be. Soon, I’d be showing and it was starting to get too hot for my hoodies.

Today, I threw on one of Dom’s Radford University log sleeved shirts along with a pair of leggings and flats and made my way to school. I was bulging a little bit, but the shirt was loose, so I could play it off. With our rotating schedule, I was lucky enough to have Dom’s class first and I basically collapsed in my chair and groaned. “Why didn’t you let me stay home?”

Dom came over to me and gently rubbed my back and I fought back the urge to throw up. “You don’t look too good, Querida. Maybe you do need to go home.” He continued to check me over, when someone cleared their throat.

I didn’t bother to turn, but I knew exactly who showed up when Dom tensed up the way he did. It could only be Maylin.

“Am I interrupting something?” Dom ignored him and continued to make sure that everything was alright for me. To avoid problems, I swatted Dom’s hands away. “I’ll just call Val and see if she can get me. I don’t feel good enough to drive.”

Dom glanced at his watched and shook his head. “It’s too early to bother her. I’m calling TJ. His house is close here anyway, so you wouldn’t wait long.” I honestly didn’t feel good enough to wait, so I agreed and watched as Dom went outside of the room, leaving me with Maylin.