Chapter One

*Edited*

Chapter one:

Nellie's POV:

Sometimes I wonder why my mom drags me all over the place to meet her friends. She ALWAYS has some excuse about catching up with friends, but so far with these past encounters, there is always some boy there just waiting to impress me. Now some were okay but just NOT my cup of tea if you get that. They were all very very nice, but there was just never a..a connection I guess you could say. I'm getting a little fed up with her sly plots to set me up.

So now she is dragging me to some city for her to catch up with an old friend. She says there is boy around my age, but from past experience I doubt he would interest me. My mom was driving while I slumped in the passenger seat, dreading another confrontation with a boy that I'm sure is like all the others.

"Hey would you at least cut me some slack here Nell?" my mom said pleading to me. Guess she saw me glaring at her I thought to myself.

"Why? You always drag me out to meet these "friends" and they are all boys mum! What? Are you trying to tell me something?" I replied back at her. "Well.." I had her speechless.

"I'm right aren't I? Your trying to set me up with someone aren't you mom! Why? I'm nineteen, I am perfectly capable of finding someone myself. " I yell back, a tad hesitant at the last part, before she could defend herself. Honestly, I'm not looking for someone.

"I am not trying to "set you up". I'm just worried about you...you know..since Harry.." she got quiet towards the end.

How dare she even bring him up, she knows what happened.. We dated for about 5 months, before then we were best friends for as long as I can remember. But on day I caught him cheating on me with my best friend. I haven't spoken to him, or her, in about 2 years. I'm terrified of what will happen, plus, I don't think I can face my past without fixing it first.

"Mom, like I said before I'm perfectly fine, it doesn't bug me anymore." I said but my voice cracked at the end and she shot me a concerned look and said

"Please...just...just trust me on this one. I have known his mom for about 20 years and her son is nice and funny but caring, he will laugh your socks off I'm sure of it Nell, TRUST me." I laughed at the last part but I decided to trust her, but it would be a tad hard.

"Okay mom." I said barely above a whisper. Now I just wait to meet someone that my mother has talked up, but wondering if it is all true. I started to think about what he would look like, probably a little geek with glasses and suspender with a pocket protector. Haha I laughed at the thought and my mom stared at me funny which made me laugh harder.

Please stick with this story!!! It will get better as it goes on, this is to show what she goes through and a little snippit of the beginning :)