one

Hello this is a new harry fanfic I need to make something clear. this is an alternate universe (au) fanfic. which means I can change anything in this story. so I hope you like it and vote/comment

-

"It's so hot!" I exclaimed, trying to fan myself in an attempt to cool down.

"It's not hot, it's just hot in here," A classmate next to me said with a roll of her blue eyes.

"Whatever," I snap. "It's still hot. Hot is hot."

The girl popped her gum and she turned her attention to the teacher with a sigh escaping her lips that were covered in blood red lip gloss.

Good thing that it's the last period of the day, I'm not sure how much of this can I take.

"Jessamine." I shoot my head up at my history teacher who is talking about the Great Depression. Something that happened in the 1930s.

"Yeah?" I answer back.

My history teacher cleared her throat as all the attention was suddenly turned on me. "When did the Great Depression begin?"

Oh, that was easy. "October 29, 1929."

My teacher has a smirk playing at her lips and she tries to stop it. "Very well."

Good thing that my ex boyfriend's birthday is on October 29.

Soon and thankfully, the final bell rings and I bolt out of my seat, heading out of the classroom door. I clutch my history book to my chest as I walk to my locker, stuffing them inside and grabbing my purse.

As quickly as I turn my friend, Casey, greets me. "Hey, Jess."

"Hey, what are you doing after school?" I push a lock of brown hair out of my face.

She paused for a split moment. "We could hang out if you want, we still need to do research together on the Great Depression."

I roll my eyes at her boring suggestion. "Sounds nice, wish I could live it out instead of stuffing my nose in a book."

Casey laughed lightly. "We have no choice. So about 4:30-ish? I'll pick you up."

"Yeah, that's good," I replied and we walk out to the partly sunny day.

When I get to my house, I see some cookies on the table and a note.

I'm out with your aunt shopping.. be back by 5 xx -mom

I set the note down and grab a new sticky note. I write down that I'll be out also, with Casey, and that I'll be back by six - before dinner.

I look at the granite counter top and grab an red apple instead of a chocolate chip cookie. I glance down at my casual attire and decide to leave it on, who cares.

Around 4:45, I hear the horn of a car outside of my house. Probably Casey. I grab my purse and dispose my second apple. I step outside and it's finally more sunny. I hop into Casey's car which was painted a nice shade of grey.

"Why do we have to do a report on this anyway?" Casey sneers once I'm inside, putting out her cigarette since she knows how much I even loathe the smell of it.

"Ask Ms. Connors," I mumbled. "At least it's not about hmm.. well this does seen like the most intricate subject."

It would be better to be there I guess. It was probably better back in the 1930s-1940s. But then again, that was when World War II had broke out. At least I think, I could be wrong.