Hormones

Kate's POV

I stayed in the room for a bit just watching Pamsy play. Grace had left to give me some privacy. I thought about her words. She had said Adam would never hurt me and I honestly believed that.

Sighing I stood and made my way back to Adam.

 I found him pacing in the living room.

Slowly I took a breath and came out from around the corner.

Adam's head snapped towards me but I didn't look at his face.

I'd been thinking. He was my master not my lover or boyfriend or anything. He wanted the baby but once I gave birth would he get rid of me.

Adam came towards me grabbing my hand gently pulling me to the couch.

I sat between Damien and him.

"Why did you run away?" Adam said

I didn't answer just looked at the ground. I saw Grace and she gave me a sad encouraging smile.

"Did I say something," Adam continued confused.

A tear pricked my eye as he continued asking me questions.

Suddenly I heard Grace say,"Adam let me talk to her. She well upset."

I shot up from my seat on the couch and bolted to Grace.

She put an arm around me and brought me to the kitchen. I saw John and shifted back.

He shook his head sadly and walked where we were previously.

"You need to tell him," Grace started and then held her hand up stopping me when I went to say something.

"You don't need to do it in front of people but later in the room okay?" She finished

I nodded.

"But do I tell him now and then the rest of the story later."

"Yes, tell him what it was he said then tell him later tonight you will talk," she replied to my question quickly.

Turning me around she went to push me back into the room but I stopped her,"Do you think he will get rid of me once I have the baby?"

I said this in a whisper.

She stopped and gave me a hard face and her lips went into a straight line.

"Don't you ever say that," she warned in a low voice.

"I-," she cut me off,"No he won't leave you. I promise you that."

I didn't know how much her promise meant.

So I just said okay and turned back to the living room.

I was upset but I still felt safe with Adam. More so than Damien and John that's for sure.

John was lounging in a chair drinking a glass of blood. I shivered and ran to Adam practically sitting in his lap.

"You gonna tell me now?" Adam said while wrapping his arms around me and holding me tight.

I pushed my face into his neck and murmured,"It was what you said."

I felt his head move then he swallowed.

"What did I say?"

"When you said 'He did it for you',"I answered.

Pushing my face deeper into his neck I felt his grip tighten slightly.

"Why did it upset you it was true?"

I whimpered.

"Can we talk later when there aren't people please," I asked with a sniffle.