My Birthday (Adams POV)

Adam's POV

Today was my birthday. I was finally turning seventeen. I got out of bed and put on a black T-shirt and some jeans. Walking out of my room I saw my brother Damien. He was two years older than me. He was smirking at me.

"Happy B-day little bro!" He said while putting me in a head lock and giving me nuggie.

------------------------------------

definition- nuggie

A form of punishment used to assert dominance in a social structure, usually given when a lower person does or says something stupid or annoying. It consists of rubbing of the knuckles hard against the skull to cause moderate pain. Usually the head is held stable with the weaker arm, and the nuggie is given by the stronger arm.

-------------------------------------

Finally getting out of Damien's grasp I flicked him off and walked down the stairs to the kitchen. Mom was making bacon it was my favorite food apart from blood. I sat down and mom gave me a big mug of hot blood. To vampires hot blood in the morning was the equivalent to coffee for humans. The only difference being you won't die if you don't have coffee. I sipped my blood as my mom put a plate of bacon in front of me.

"Happy Birthday sweetie!" My mom said.

"Thanks." I replied.

That's when my dad walked in.

"I bet you can't wait to see what we are getting you." My dad said to me.

I smiled and nodded. I was genuinely curious of what my parents were getting me. I remember my brothers seventeenth birthday. He had gotten a slave, but she didn't last long because my brother had sucked her dry.

My parents didn't bye him another and he hasn't had one since. I kinda hoped to get one too. I finished my blood and bacon and grabbed my school bag and keys. Yep I had to go to school on my birthday. It sucks. I got into my truck and drove to school.

When I got there I walked to first period, history. The day went by really fast. I was greeted with, Happy Birthdays all morning, and at lunch I sat with my best friend Blake. We talked about what kind of slave I wanted. Then finally the bell rang and last period was over. I raced to my truck and speed down the road. I was so exit end to see if I had gotten a human. Walking in the door I announced that I was home and my dad came down the stairs.

"Hey Adam. Your presents in your bedroom, but there kind of a catch. Our family has a tradition for the men. When they turn seventeen the take the innocence of a girl." My dad said.

What the hell!!! I thought.

"I'm not going to rape my human if that's what your saving!" I yelled.

"No hunny call it taking her innocence it sounds less dramatic." My mother said.

I stared at my mother in disbelief. If I had to rape my slave then I didn't want her. My father saw my hesitation and grabbed my arm. He hauled me up the stairs towards my room.

"I don't want to Dad!!" I  screamed

"Its tradition! You will do it and until you do it you won't be coming out of that room!" My father boomed.

He threw the door open and I was  throw in. Hastily he shut the door in my face. And I heard a soft click.

He locked me in! I thought.

Then I heard my dad say threw the door,

"Do it or I'll give her to Damien!"

Sighing i turned around to see a girl naked on my bed. She had beautiful blond hair and piercing blue eyes. Speechless I opened my mouth but no words came out. Then I  looked her in the eyes and said,

"Hi, I'm Adam."