Mutual Feelings

Let's just take a moment to appreciate this GIF.

I like this Titanic version better... anyone else? No. Then fuck you.

Just kidding, I love you! But no, really... their hair looks cool.

-

HARRY POV

(1st Person)

I can feel his soft breathing against my body. His chest rising and falling against mine, our hearts beating as one. It feels great, just the two of us. Then again, any time I’m with him I feel like I’m floating, no care in the world. 

Then I remember what happened and I shut my eyes, huffing in frustration. I remove my arms from around him and run my hands through my curly hair, trying to wrap my mind around the situation. Ever since that interview, I've been feeling things I shouldn't and now this happens. There’s just too much confusion for me honestly.

So I think I'm falling in love with my best friend and last night Eleanor broke up with him. There’s this voice in my head that says; now's your chance. It makes me sick of myself. I’m actually thinking of making a move, while he’s moping and crying over a break up. I'm a terrible person.

Movement catches my eye and I look down to see Louis whining gently, arching his back as he snuggles in closer to me. His head bounces against my elbow though and he opens one eye with curiosity, 

"Lou, you awake?" I ask, nudging him. He nods but when I look at him closer, I notice that his eyes aren't very tired looking and his hair is normal. Usually he wakes up with some really bad bed head and his eyes will be droopy and red.

Maybe he just slept well enough. 

I can't help but wonder when he will remember what happened yesterday as he sits up, and I follow him cautiously. I don't know if he is on edge at the moment, or if because of his hormones he can easily be set off with one wrong step.

It’s obvious when he looks out the window and sees that it is just now getting dark, his memories are flooding back. His eye lids are half-lidded as he takes a deep breath, rubbing at his arm when tears form. I reach forward and lay my hand on his shoulder, only to have him grab it softly and remove it.

"No, don't. It's okay. It was for the best, now I can concentrate on the band, on the boys, on you," he murmurs, sighing as he stands up. His legs work as well as Jell-O and he uses the wall for support. He looks down to see himself still wearing the clothes that Eleanor dumped him in. He will probably burn these clothes, along with the memories

Then a thought strikes him; why is he so upset?

Isn't he falling in love with his best friend? 

The voice in his head answers, giving him immediate chills. He looks over at me to throw a shy smile, one that sends butterflies flying in my stomach.

He motions for me to come over, "Come on, and let's go watch a movie,” he says and the new found courage in his voice surprises me, but I’m happy to know that he’s at least trying to make things better for himself.

Maybe he just needs some time to think...

I put on a confident smile and crawl off the bed, chasing Louis down to the living area. He spins to a stop, looking up at me with a toothy grin. I step onto the last step, cupping his cheek as he grips at the walls. I get closer, as a tease, before slipping past him.

He chuckles and follows me, sitting beside me on the couch. He pulls out the large binder of movies to pick from. 

"Scary, funny, or romantic?" I ask, searching through the bundle of videos.