Lonesome Adam (Ch. 40)

Chapter forty:

My eyes fluttered swiftly open, I felt rested and for once it seemed like I got a full night’s sleep. My vision was actually clear, though, from what I was seeing, the room was unfamiliar; it looked nothing like my bedroom, but it was clean and not cluttered. I suddenly remembered being chased by that man last night; “what happened? Was I raped? Nothing seems to make sense.” I thought gazing around the area. I would have expected more, at least something trashy from a rapist; like a roach invested motel room or dark alley, but this looks like someone’s house or apartment. “Was I raped?” I asked myself again, since I was still in an unfamiliar bedroom.

Then I realized I was surrounded by pillows and covered up in a matching silky green blanket, they felt so soft and comforting, if it wasn’t for my confusion I probably would have went back to sleep. This was very unexpected for a rapist, why make me feel comfortable? Why not throw me out into the street instead of keeping me here?

I removed the blanket slightly and looked down my body; I was still clothed in the same things I wore last night, maybe he hadn't raped me yet? Maybe he was waiting for me to wake up to do it to me?

I wiggled my foot and it hurt, it must have been the same one I twisted last night; plus it felt very stiff. I rose up and removed the blankets completely off my body to examine my foot. It was wrapped in bandages and lying on a big pillow. What rapist bandages their victim’s foot after chasing them that caused them to fall and twist it in the first place?

All of a sudden I started to hear someone breathing.

“No.” I whimpered closing my eyes, knowing if I found some stranger beside me that this all meant one thing:

Raped.

I turned my head slowly to the right and unfortunately, yes, I saw a man lying beside me; but, I couldn’t tell who it was because he was lying on his side and his back was to me, the bright side is – if there's even such thing as a bright side – he was clothed too. I quietly shifted my hand toward his black hair – color meant nothing, I know I lot of dark haired men – I put my fingers in his hair and wiggled them, just to make sure he was human.

Yeah, he’s human.

I poked his arm and he moved it slightly. I crawled over top him to get a good look at his face – so later I can call the cops and have him arrested – and just when I about got the perfect visual, he turned his face  looking directly at me. The man beside me was finally revealed, but as if it can’t get unexpected enough, it does—to the highest level.

Ocean blue eyes immediately flickered open, they stared at me and I wanted to explode.

“Jack!” I shouted.

Why? Of all the people in the world to rape me, why Jack?! Maybe this is his way of getting back at me for kissing Andrew and breaking up with him?

“Harley, this is not what it looks like!” He yelled nearly jumping out of bed, looking like he’d just seen a ghost.

I was so upset my blood was probably boiling over inside me.

“Why would you rape me?! Oh wait, I know exactly why! You’re a jealous jerk only worried about sex!” I screamed, so angry it was kind of beserk.

“Me? Rape you?! That’s insane!”

I swung my feet around over the bed and yelled at him: “I’m calling the police!”

“Harley, for the last time I. Did. Not. Rape. You! I stopped you from getting raped!”

“What?!” I shouted highly confused.