Twisted kiss (Ch. 38)

Chapter thirty-eight:

Harley's point of view, fifteen minutes ago:

My hands and fingers creased into …something soft? The substance beneath my hands seemed wet and a bit clumpy, whatever I was lying on felt grainy like mud. I was trying to wake myself from a deep sleep, which, isn't bad because I haven’t gotten any sleep in a while; though, I knew something wasn’t right about this. To start, where was I? I felt my hair flaunting softly in the wind, it felt good, but something still wasn’t right. I suddenly started to hear water rolling, it made me wonder more. The only conclusion to all this could be was—a beach.

I opened my eyes finally and I immediately was looking into a cloudy sky, the sun nowhere in sight. I looked to the ground which I laid at and I was lying on mushy sand, on the shore of a beach. Why?

“Mom…”

“Mom…”

A voice whispers to me, twice. I rolled over on my side to find the figure calling me mom. I didn’t see anything at first, but I knew I had to find the person and his voice. Something told me it was …Ben. I searched everywhere with my eyes, I would have gotten up but I couldn’t for some reason. Nothing, nothing to be seen;  just shore, a body of water, and waves clashing with each other. It was beautiful but I couldn’t enjoy if for my confusion.

“Mom.” The voice spoke again, clearer and sounding more like Ben.

I continued to search, then, finally I see something, rather unusual. A tall, slim, dark headed male figure, standing and glowing in a luminous light; it was Ben, I knew it was. He stared at me for a while, motionless, and I did the same—amazed yet confused.

“Ben.” I cried and a joyous grin grew from one cheek to another on his face. He looked toward the sky for a moment and continued to grin.

“Jesus is calling me.” He whispered, instantly putting a knot in my throat.

“…No.” I whimpered watching him walk away, tears starting to spill down my cheeks. “Ben,” I cried silently, hoping and wishing he would come back, but I am powerless to him. He glanced back at me with the most tender smile I had ever seen, causing me to shed more tears. He turned his head and smiled even bigger; he put out his hand and it seemed he was holding onto thin air.

“Jesus.” He said and began walking away again.

I realized that he must have been holding onto the hand of …of Jesus Himself, even though I couldn’t see Him, I just knew that Ben was being led away holding onto air. Jesus took his hand. Is he no longer mine? Is my baby going to be in the hands of Jesus from now on? …It all seems far too soon, I just don’t find any of it fair.

“Harley…Harley, hey you hungry?” Someone asked out of complete nowhere, making me jump slightly. My eyes shot open and I found that my head was lying on the edge of a bed, and I was sitting in an uncomfortable chair. What happened to the beach, the sand, the waves, Ben, where is it all? I flopped up and began looking around and surveying the area, but everything from before vanished, gone—all gone. “Oh uhm, sorry, I didn’t know you were asleep.” I instantly looked up to find Andrew standing above me.

It was just a dream.

I looked straight ahead and I found Ben lying in the bed in front of me, in the same shape he was before I fell asleep.

I looked back toward Andrew hearing him say, “I’m sorry, Harley, I really didn’t mean to wake you.”

I got up and stood to my feet. “It’s okay,” I said stretching my arms high above my head with a deep yawn; he smiled a little and chuckled watching me. His eyes started roaming me, which was very familiar, but sort of weird; in our long time spent together through marriage and even divorce I’ve learned one thing, when his eyes are roaming me his thoughts are undressing me—I know that certain look. It’s a bit refreshing him giving me the perverted stare, it reminds me of the old him and times that we actually weren't fighting. Not only that but spending time with him without arguing feels good too, like I said, it brings back memories, good memories. We once made a nice couple, believe it or not.