No regular dream (Ch. 10)

Chapter ten:

“Release Barabbas!”

“Free Barabbas!”

“Release Barabbas!”  Jack stood among a large crowd of men and women all young and old, shouting to free a prisoner named Barabbas. “Where am I?” Jack wondered and began questioning his surroundings. “Who are all these people? And why are they yelling?”  He asked in his mind.

Before his eyes was a giant stone palace with giant pillar columns. Then, Jack saw three men standing on what looked like a balcony. The man in the center wore a long white sleeveless gown, with a long gold sash from one shoulder to the waist, he also wore a golden leafy crown.

The man on the left had his hands tied with rope; he wore something similar to the man in the center, only it looked very ragged and torn with long baggy sleeves. The man looked guilty for something, but at the same time relived.

“That man must be Barabbas.” Thought Jack as he gazed throughout the unusual sight.

“And what shall happen to this just man called the ‘Christ’?” The man wearing the crown asked.

“Christ?” Jack wondered; that named sounded familiar to him for some reason. Jack’s eyes shifted to the right and there he saw another man, the man that must have been Christ. The man seemed very sad about something, it peaked Jack’s curiosity; he continued to look at the sad man, then, Jack noticed he was weak also, as if the man had been beaten.

“His blood be on us and our children!” Someone in the crowd shouted, and suddenly the others began shouting also,

“Away with him!”

“Crucify him!”

“Away with him! Crucify him!”

Then, after a moment or so the same man, whose name was being yelled to be crucified, looked up at the crowd. The man had long brown hair and big brown eyes. Jack found something odd about the man, he wasn’t sure at first but, then he was positive he saw love pure as gold in those big brown eyes, and it got him to thinking.

“These people want to crucify him…and he’s looking upon them with utter compassion?” He thought.

Then all of a sudden, the man in the center gave a signal toward the man who was about to be crucified, and then two guards came up behind him and took their prisoner away, and the man Barabbas was set free.  Once seeing that the man called Christ was taken away to his death, the crowd cheered happily and loudly with joy.

Jack’s point of view:

Why am I here? In the midst of a crowd voting on whose supposed to die or live? If I were to vote, no one would die. Sure this Barabbas and Christ guy most likely committed some kind of crime, but that doesn’t mean they should die, right?

Just then two very muscular solider looking men dressed in rusty armor came up behind the man named Christ and took him away rough like, and I continued to wonder why. 

So then I got the idea to tap someone on the shoulder to find out. “Excuse me!” I practically yelled, lifting my voice high enough over the crowd’s insane shouting, while tapping what looked like a lady from behind on the shoulder.

“What?!” She shouted, spinning around.

“What did that man do that was so bad?” I asked, but the woman only frowned.

“He claimed to be a king! A king over the jews! Have you ever heard such a thing? A man ‘claiming’ to be a king – he deserves to be killed!” The woman explained to me a tad viciously.