Day 2: Prime Infected

Day 2

I woke up only to find out that Siri slept in my room and beside me. That made me smile. I gently removed his head from my shoulder and placed it on my pillow. Then I silently went to my bathroom to clean myself. After that I got dressed in some army camouflage shirt that Cyrus gave me as a gift 2 years ago and the army pants of my dad to match it. - my dad spent 5 years in the army – and I wore my brown leather boots. When I returned to my room, Siri wasn't there so I went to his room which is on the 3rd floor.

“Siri? Siri are you in here?”

“I'll be out in juts a minute!” he called from his bathroom. He came out wearing blue shirt under his favorite red and black varsity jacket and he's also wearing black jeans with black running shoes.

“I thought were going to the gun range, you never told me were going to the mall.” I teased

“Oh please, you know how cold their reception room gets.” he explained.

We went downstairs and headed to the dining where our food was ready. The table was filled with our favorites, my seafood marinara pasta with some shrimp tempuras and a bunch of wasabe fries. There was also Siri's favorite meal, Babyback ribs with a quarter roast chicken with a half bowl of mashed potatoes. In the middle of the food lies a card that says “Children, I left early for there some problems at the FMG and I have to fix it myself. I asked Arnold to cook your favorites. Have a wonderful day Osiris and Faithe, Your Mother xoxo” After eating our food Arnold brought our favorite drinks my Latte shake and Siri's Pepsi float. I texted mom that we are going to the gun range and she replied with “Okay sweetie have fun.”

I breathed deep and focused on my target while carefully not moving any muscle. I exhaled slowly and pulled the trigger. The bullet departed from my gun with a loud pang, it sailed across the room and landed in the middle of the target. - Bull's eye! 20 done, 10 left – I reloaded my gun looking at the 10 tagets left then looking at the 20 targets, all of which I landed a bull's eye. Siri, on the other hand, was not as good as I am but he can land a bull's eye once in a while. I teased him for being so crossed eyed and he blushed and teased me back. All was going well until a scream went inside then room. We all know who owns that scream, Annie the receptionist.

“Stay here I'm gonna check her out.” I told Siri.

“You're not going there alone. Besides, I have this.” he said waving his pistol around.

Other guys wanted to check her out too so the five of us, that include Siri and me, went to the lobby to check Annie. What we saw was so disgusting it gave up nightmares that will last forever. Annie was sitting on her chair, her neck was tilted to the side and a guy wearing a FMG lab suit was eating her right neck! Annie was dead. Her eyes stared into space, mouth wide open and blood slowly pouring out from her opened neck. I raised my pistol and aimed it at the weird cannibal guy.

“Back away sir, I have a gun.” I announced but he just continued to eat her like were never there. Then after eating half of Annie's neck he looked up. We backed up, our hearts pounding their way out of our chests. The first Prime Infected studied us. Then he slowly walked to the door like nothing happened. Then one of the guys with us, Barry, a retired police officer, raised his gun and shouted. “Hey stop!” The Prime Infected stopped. Then he looked back. I studied his features, he's incredibly white like he has no blood at all. His eyes changed color, the irises turned white and the part surrounding it turned black. Saliva and blood dripping from his lips and landing on his white FMG lab suit. His head slowly tilting from left to right. Then he did something like a scream – or was it a moan? - One of the guys who joined us ran back to the other room. Then Prime Infected ran to us arms raised forward and that's when Barry pulled the trigger. His bullet landed on the left shoulder of the Prime Infected. I heard it moaned in pain. I looked back and saw Barry reloading his gun but he left his clips back at his booth. So I took mine and threw it to him. But it was too late, as Barry raised his gun the Prime Infected placed his hungry mouth onto Barry's right hand! Barry screamed in pain as the Prime Infected munch his way to Barry's shoulder! After 30 seconds – which seemed like an eternity – the Prime Infected left the lifeless body of Barry on the floor and went to its next meal. Siri and me. We went to the other end of the room where the targets are placed as the other 4 guys shoot the Prime Infected. The first guy missed it so it took its chance and bit him on the chest. The second landed a bullet on the Prime Infected's left cheek revealing his pearl white teeth and his blood red gums but the second guy ended the same way eaten. The third guy tried to make a run for it but the Prime Infected was clever. It tripped the third guy and ate his entire back. The fourth guy shot its right leg. It was a good shot for it made the Prime Infected limp it way to the fourth. The guy took his chance and made a run for the door. He went out and left us with the Prime Infected alone in the same room. The Prime Infected was smarted than it looks. It left its fast prey and went for the other preys who are trapped with it. It climb over the booth, it must've hurt because it screamed as it went. The Prime Infected stopped at the middle of the room and studdied its prey – probably think who it will eat first. - Siri tried to shoot it. The first shot miss and the second on landed on the left part of its face. That made its head twist backwards but it fixed it back in place with the use of its hands. Its head twisted with a cracking sound. Then it raised its arms up then screamed/moaned again. Then it reminded me that time when I was in Bacewood. Alone and defenseless. But this time I wasn't alone and I'm not defenseless. With rage filling my brain, I raised the pistol and puled the trigger. The bullet landed perfectly on its stomach, and the force was so strong that it was thrown onto the floor. But it stood up and moved forward. I aimed the pistol again but this time I made sure it will die. I pulled the trigger and the bullet flew across the room and through the Prime Infected's head. Its head exploded into a million pieces as the bullet hit it. With its body now laying dead on the floor we can get the hell out of there. I took Siri's hand and led him out of the place and into my car. The people outside ignored the sound of the shot coming from the gun range knowing at it's a gun range. I asked Siri to call 911 for the dead people that were left inside the gun range.