3

3

*Recording Starts…

6 weeks passed since the escape of Dr. Kinos and a lot has happened. The Infection had spread through out America and has touched a part of Europe, Africa, and Asia. The only continents that haven’t been touched by the Infection were Antarctica and Australia. There are also some countries that, apparently, prepared for situations like this and have been standing strong since. Some fallen countries called these ‘prepared’ countries nutcases but these countries were far too comfortable in their ‘safe’ lands too bother coming up with retorts.

These ‘countries’ prepared for an Infection but not for 3. Apparently, the Infected, in their mass onslaught, accidentally released 2 more kinds of powerful viruses. There was another strain in western America and the people that acquired the virus strain were called Mutated. This type of zombies can Mutate parts of their body into other things like giant blades, saw, swords, and etc. They are extremely fast and agile and far superior to any Infected.

The 3rd strain came from Asia. When the Infection hit South Korea, everyone evacuated and went to China, one of the 6 countries that are prepared in Asia. The other 5 are Japan, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Israel, and Iran . The 3rd strain victims are called the Connected but the majority called them the Army. The Connected are almost the same as the Infected. One bite and you’re one. The advantage of the Infected was their numbers, with the Mutated are their agility and the Mutated body parts, but with the Connected, their advantage is the Connectivity. The Army, unlike any other type of zombies, thinks as one. And the more join the Connection, the smarter the Connected get, like one gigantic swarm of hungry, hungry, virus-Infected bees.

“Copy. We’re near. Hold your position. Stop that recording, Faithe.” Castor said.

Because of uncle Helle’s 3 months-worth of food and potable water we survived for almost 3 weeks. But then the food was depleted and we were forced to steal food from the nearest grocery that helped us for about 2 more weeks but then we’re forced to get out and find a new base and a new food source. We expected Uncle Helle to protest but, much to our surprise, he was the first one to suggest to leave Inferno.

“The hell with this place! We need to survive this!” Were his exact words.

So, here we are. Out of Hoolsue and searching the empty streets of New York, for food and a place to call base. No home exists in this planet, now called by many as Zearth. At first it was just for a joke but it spread like… well… an Infection.

“Althea, come on. The Z’s are gone. We only have a few minutes to get to that grocery and scan for food before that group of Connected come back in the patrol.” Siri said.

We, Castor, Siri, and I, were crouching near a large blown-up garbage bin for about 20 minutes because a group of Connected are guarding the building that has a grocery on the 1st floor. The Army seem to know that non-Infected are drawn to these types of buildings. Without the blood covered bodies they probably look like soldiers that are filled with tons of caffeine.

“Look, we have exactly 7 minutes are 43 seconds before they come back around from the routine around the whole building.” Castor said while checking his digital watch.

“You really timed their patrol routine?” Siri asked.

“I have been doing this a lot of times now and I know for a fact that timing is perfect. This is your first time so the two of you have to do everything that I will say.” He whispered to us.

We both nodded.

“Now the trick is to keep quiet. The Connected, like the Infected, are attracted to sound. But unlike the Infected, their eyesight isn’t that good. They are practically as blind as a bat.” Castor explained. “Now, here we go. Only 6 minutes and 59 seconds left.”