Day 6: Feelings

Day 6

Blood...

Blood everywhere...

Shadows... Trying to grab me...

“Phillip!”

Who are you?

!!!

Just a dream... I stood up and began to stretch. I ate the left-over food I took yesterday from the supermarket (Canned food) I quickly called up Celestia and asked her to scan where Siri might be.

“His location never changed for the past 10 hours.” she said.

“Where?”

“Northon Street, the street where the Ferrari crashed.” NO! No, no, no, no! Does that mean he's dead?! With all of the others? No! I musn't think bad thoughts... Be positive Faith. Positive. I packed all my stuff and plunged them into the backpack I stole from the supermarket and prepared to check if my brother was still alive.

His headset was there alone in the middle of the street, a bit scratched but not at all broken, so I took it and placed it inside my bag. It gave me hope that my brother was still alive but what could have happened to them? Were they safe? And most importantly, where are they?

I walked the streets for hours but still found nothing. My hope of finding them was starting to fade away. Have I failed on protecting my one and only brother?

“Hey bitch!” a voice shouted.

I looked back and saw this quite chubby Asian guy with a shotgun pointed directly at me. I jumped to the left and heard a gunshot. I quickly checked if I got shot when I landed on the pavement. Turns out the guy shot an Infected who was about to bite my head off from my back.

“Thanks.” I said to him, offering my hand for a hand shake.

“Save it.” He grumbled.

“I'm Faithe, by the way.”

“Didn’t ask.” Then he started to walk away.

“Hey! I am talking to you.”

“Well, I'm not talking to you.”

“Why are you so ru- Anyway, have you seen a little kid? He's about this high.” I pointed at my ear.

“Shut it. The more you talk, the more chance those fuckers will hear us. And yes, I've seen that kid. They're holing up in that doughnut place near Hampshire.” He said as he picked up a semi-broken watch.

“Hampshire? Wha-”

“It's what I call my place. A 4 star hotel that I converted into my very own base.”

“So can I come with you?”

“Yeah sure. Just shut it.”

We walked about ten minutes before we stop in front of a medium sized Dunkin Doughnuts store. We tried to come in through the front doors but they we barricaded, obviously the work of Cyrus. So we tried the back door, still locked. Then the chubby Asian guy started to whistle Somebody That I Used To Know. Then moments later the locks behind the door started to unlocked, followed by the opening of the door, revealing a slightly muscled version of Asian chubster.

“Marcus! Where the hell have you been? These prunts are the worst!” the muscled guy said to chubster.

“Found another one of them.” Marcus said while pointing his shotgun at me. “This one's a little less grumpy than the blonde one.”

“Well hello to the fine young woman.” The other Asian guy said

“Hi. I'm Faithe.” I shook his hand.