Castaways

Castaways

*Recording Starts…

“Are you okay now?” I asked little Ivy a few hours later. We’ve been roaming the angry seas for almost half of the night but not a single island or another ship was in sight.

“I think…so.” Ivy stuttered as she shivered like a little wet kitten that she is.

“Here.” I said as I removed the blanket, that felt like a carpet, Colter gave me and placed it around Ivy and her shivering lessened but only a little.

The little girl gave me a faint smile, walked away and slept like a little baby. I looked at her sadly because she reminded me of a younger version of me. She was too innocent for this… she should be enjoying her youth and not getting mentally and physically hurt in this dead planet.

“Hey… you okay?” Phil asked me with his deep sexy voice as he slowly crawled up beside me because he was still feeling weak.

“Yeah.” I answered as I placed my head on his shoulder. “I just feel sad for her.”

“Yeah.” He sighed. “Her childhood was stolen from her at a very young age because of this Infection. She should be playing and enjoying life.” He said as he wrapped his strong arms around my shivering body.

Uncle Helle walked by, saw us and glared at us. I didn’t have the energy to deal with him at that moment so I so I didn’t move. He continued to look at me disapprovingly and sat at the back of the speed boat. I stood up from where Phil and I were sitting and walked over to the front where Jack was standing, her hands never leaving the wheel.

“Hey.” I said before I placed my hand on her shoulder.

“Hi.” She smiled at me.

“I’m sorry about your parents.” She said as she looked out into the vast open sea… which is now calm by the way...

“We are we heading now?” Riley asked as he stood beside us.

“I… actually don’t know, Riley.” Jack said to him as she signaled me to take over and faced Riley.

“So, we’re basically exploring the unknown.” Riley muttered irritatingly.

“No… we’re just… cruising.” Jack lied.

“Damn it!” Riley shouted.

“What?” Lily asked as she joined us in front.

“We’re lost.” Riley sighed as he threw his hands dramatically in the air.

“Oh my God!” Lily screamed as she turned around again and again. – My God! These Asians are getting into my nerves! –

“Everybody, shut it!” I screamed as I killed the engine, throwing everyone forward.

“Ey!” Unlce Helle screamed as he walked up to us.

“We’re goddamn lost!” Riley screamed again.

That’s when Colter came in with a punch right into Riley’s face. Riley fell down onto the floor. Phil tried to stand up from his place but I went over to him and prevented him from doing it. Ivy stirred in her sleep but kept sighing silently. A lightning struck the water a few meters away from the speed boat and that’s when we all froze, even Ivy woke up with another knife tightly tucked in her hand, ready to pounce. – Where does that girl keep getting knives?! –

“Oh crap.” Jack muttered as she looked up at the sky.

We all copied her and saw what made her curse… The storm didn’t go away but we just went under its eye. The perfect calm spot right in the middle of the storm where paradise hides. That’s when we realized that we were about to leave the eye of the storm.