The End (Connected)

The End (Connected)

I watched from a distance, on a branch of a tree, as Osiris and Ivy took Annalissa away from Faithe. I knew that, even at a very young age, Annalissa can take care of herself. She can even protect her uncle and Ivy. So I turned my attention back to the battle in between the 4th Prime Infected and the previous host of the Prime Mutated.

“Stay away from my Faithe!” Alice screamed as she slashed at the 4th Prime Infected

“YOUR Faithe?” Prime Celestine stifled Its laugh and said, “She is my daughter.”

“I AM…NOT!” Faithe screamed as she pushed herself up, Flexed Prime Celestine, and made her mother slam against a tree repeatedly.

“YOUR!!”

Slam!

“DAUGHTER!!!”

SLAAAAM!!

Alice took the opportunity and tried to pounce at Prime Celestine but It just easily rolled to the side and Flexed Alice away into a thick branch of a tree and impaled her to it. Faithe tried to Flexed her out of the branch but Prime Celestine sent a strong mental wave to Faithe’s direction, making her head pound and lose her concentration, then It floated over to Alice. It caressed Alice’s cheek and then It slowly floated a few feet backwards.

“For the finale…” Prime Celestine said as It floated towards Alice, the sunlight shining behind her as the sun rises.

I cocked my head to the side in amusement as I watched Prime Celestine touched Alice forehead with her right index finger. Alice screamed as her skin, starting on her forehead, slowly peeled away and then her muscles just started melting down like an ice cream on a hot summer day! She became a pile of bones and a skull with two scared eyes still in their sockets within 3 minutes.

 I felt Faithe’s mental power grew even though her main source, which was… her daughter, is not inside her anymore. That was something dangerous because if she kept using her own mental tap she will have a break down and with her weak body; her chances of dying are high.

“You are so dead.” Faithe said as she slowly rose as she glared at Prime Celestine.

“Wow… I love a good challenge.” It said as It Flexed itself up to level itself with Faithe.

The battle lasted for only about 10 minutes. To a normal person, they just looked like they were having a staring contest but I know what was going on. They started by sending strong mental waves at each other while deflecting the other’s mental attacks. Then Faithe created a mental barrier that blocked all of Prime Celestine’s attacks then she made it advance to Prime Celestine. Prime Celestine smiled as It kept attacking the barrier but it didn’t break. So It took a deep breathe and intensified Its gaze as It sent one of Its strongest attack which was an invisible beam of highly concentrated mental energy.

Prime Celestine’s attack broke the mind barrier of Faithe and sent her flying backwards! She flew for about 1 quarter of a mile and rolled for another after hitting the ground. I floated from tree to tree to follow Faithe as Prime Celestine followed her from the ground. It Flexed Faithe up and pinned her against the tree and was about to touch her forehead like what It did to Alice but then… I felt the Real Celestine surfaced and took control of her body, pushing the Prime Celestine down into the dark void in her mind.

“Faithe?” She gasped as she realized what the Prime Celestine was about to make her do. “Oh my… sweetie!”

She pulled Faithe and gently placed her down right in the middle of the road. She watched in horror as she looked at her dying daughter cry in pain. Faithe’s mind sent strong mental waves that damaged everything around her. Her mental breakout was so strong that it broke down nearby trees and made them fall down. I even had to mentally hold the whole tree that I was standing on to keep my cover while Real Celestine borrowed Prime Celestine’s mind powers to stop Faithe from pushing her away.

“Sweetie, please calm down!” Real Celestine pleaded as she pinned Faithe onto the asphalt.

“S-STAY UH-AWAY F-FROM…MMMMEEEEE!!!” She screamed as she tried to Flex Real Celestine away but failed because she was so weak that she could even lift her own finger.

“Sweetie… it’s me.” Real Celestine said.

“Mu-mom?” Faithe asked as she narrowed her eyes and looked at Real Celestine.

“Sweetie… please drink this.” Real Celestine told her as she fished out a vial containing light blue liquid that looked that it was shining.

“Wha- no! Take that away from me!” She barely whispered as she tried to push her mother’s hand away.

“If you do not drink this, you will die… so please.” Real Celestine said as she Flexed Faithe’s mouth open and slowly poured the bright blue fluid into her mouth.

I smiled as my plan started to unfold right in front of my eyes. Everything was going like how I planned it. I know that sacrifices are necessary. I wasn’t proud if what I did but what’s done is done.

“Sweetie?” Real Celestine asked as she looked at her daughter.

Faithe shook violently as the Connecting Virus flowed through her. I knew something was wrong because I know that when a person gets Connected, he/she gets incredibly still and if he/she did have cuts and bruises… all of them will be instantly healed. Faithe gave her last scream and just froze. I knew that right in that moment Faithe Alexa Holler was no longer… living.

Real Celestine knew it too and it came to her as quite of a shock, knowing that it was partially her fault. I felt Real Celestine lose control and Prime Celestine grabbed the opportunity and took control of Their body. Real Celestine was in shambles but she fought Prime Infected for control. I can almost hear Them fighting over it. That’s when They used telekinesis against each other, which made Them looked like They were being pulled around by invisible ropes.

“That’s ENOUGH!” Prime Celestine screamed as It intensified Its attacks which made Them float up like a lifeless ragdoll!

Real Celestine tried to fight It by pulling herself down, making Them hit some of the fallen trees, but Prime Celestine was stronger so It used more mental force and pulled Them into the sky. I floated to the nearest standing tree because my mind was getting kinda strained from keeping the tree that I was standing on from falling down.

I kept on watching Faithe’s dead body because I know that her son is still there inside her. It was about midday when he showed any signs of life. The light of the sun was perfectly hitting Faithe’s body since all of the nearby trees were knocked down. I saw the shape of his hand under her skin as he tried to push his way out since his mother is dead to push him out.

I almost wanted to come down and Flex him out myself but then I saw a claw-hand burst out of Faithe’s belly! His claw-hand extended itself out and grabbed one of Faithe’s boobs! His hand almost crushed her boob in the process as he pulled himself out. I felt the ground rumble and shake around us. That’s when hundreds of hands started to protrude out of the ground!

Hundreds or maybe up to a thousand things crawled out of the ground. It’s noticeable what they are since Infected and Shifted aren’t that fast, especially coming out of the ground like that. Their skin were smooth as ice and are as pale as the moon. They moved like normal Non-Infected but there was something different about them.

“Connected…” I gasped as one of them rose from the asphalt and pulled little Sebastian up.

The little boy cried when he got pulled up since his was still connected to his mother by his umbilical cord. One of the Mutated sliced it down with its hand and then it returned back to the crowd of Connected that circled around Faithe and Sebastian. The Connected who was holding Sebastian lifted him up and roared. The others copied him as they knelt down and bowed in front of the newly born Prime Connected.