Chapter 14

Jaquel Pov

I cant believe she just got up and left. But I know that she's not gonna be able to stay away from me for long based on that kiss. Im gonna get my baby back one way or another. I just gotta try harder. She must be something special if im doing all this to get and keep her.

La'Shea Pov

This niqqa had the nerve to kiss me. Ain gone lie and say ion like Jay and aint feel anything in that kiss, but after today we can only be friends. Nothing more, nothing less.

Im taking Nina to the park to spend some time with her, and I just might take her to visit my dad.

"Nina, baby, be careful sweetheart" I yelled as she took off running to the slide. I think I'll call Trell and see if he can swing through and keep me company.

He picks up on the second ring.

"Hey" He said sounding like he was happy to hear from me.

"Well someone's happy to hear from me aren't they"

"Im always happy to hear from my baby" He said with his sexy ass voice

"Baby? When did this happen? Last time I checked I was single" I said confused cause last time I checked my relationship status I was single as fuck.

"Well the minute I started fighting for yo ass, you became mines. Oh and based on that kiss, it confirmed  it all." He said all firm. Well yea he kissed me, but it didnt confirm anything. Whatever, he gotta be joking anyways.

"Well anyways I was calling to see if you wanted to chill with me at the park."

"Yea, be there in about 5 minutes"

"Alright bye ugly" I said being picky cause we both know he is sexy as hell.

"Ugly? Girl bye, you know im sexy. But iight bye" He said then hanging up in my face... Ole rude ass.

Ten minutes later and he still haven't shown up. This niqqa gone get it when  see him...being late and shit. Just when I was about to call and tell him to forget it I felt some hands wrap around my waist.

"Who the he-" I was cut off

"Damn bae calm down, ainr nobody gone run off with yo ass. If they do they gone bring yo ass right back with all that mouth you got." He said laughing a little.

"Ha! Shut up you know if someone was to take me from you, you would lose yo damn mind." I said giving him the stank face then laughing.  

"You damn right! I'll kill a nigga for yo ass. You already know I'll fight for you." He said pulling me in front of him wrapping is arms round my waist.

"Yea I know that already" I said adjusting myself and leaning into his side. I dont want him to get the wrong idea.

"Sheaaaa! I'm ready to go" Nina said pulling on my shirt

"And who is this cutie right here" Trell said picking Nina up.

"This is my baby Nina" I said

"Baby?" He said confused

"Well she's not my baby, shes my lil sister. I kinda take care of her." I said hoping he wouldn't wanna go into detail...but based on his facial expression he got questions.

"What do yhu mean by kinda?" He asked with a serious face

"Well before I moved in with my dad I was staying with Jay. Buh the day I moved in with my dad Nina wanted to stay with Meredith, his maid soo I let her stay." I told him looking everywhere except at him.

"Yall aint got anything going on do yall?" He asked me

"No we dont have anything goin on Trell. He irking my nerves with all these questions

"I gotta get her back to Meredith. Imma go drop her off then imma call you when im done. Okay?"

"iight, call me as soon as you get in the car"

"Alright" I took Nina from him and started off to the car. I took at least three steps then I felt a light tap on my ass. I just turned around and rolled my eyes smiling. He play too much for me.

I pull up to Jay house and his car is not here. Good, that means we dont have to talk bout what happened earlier. I get to the door and knock. And guess who opens the door......yup, Jay ole ugly ass. What the hell? his car gone.

"Where's your car"

"Oh, Meredith took it to go to the store. I dont know why she aint wanna take one of the other cars"

"Oh, well I was coming to drop Nina back off but I'll come back later when she's here" I said then started to walk towards the car till I felt him grab my arm

"Shea please stay so we can talk"

"About?" I asked getting annoyed cause I really dont wanna talk to his ass

"You already know what I wanna talk about Shea" He said giving me that duh look

"Whatever! You got five minutes" He nodded his head then we went inside and sat down in the living room. Nina took off running to her room leaving me and Jay alone.

"Are you gone start talking, if not then im leaving. I got plans ya'know" I said crossing my arms becoming impatient.

"Shea I know you felt what I felt when we kissed earlier today. I know you had to feel it. The way you kissed me back showed me that you do have feelings for me" He said scooting closer to me.

"Look, I dont know what your talking about, but I think we should be friends and leave it at that. You do you, and I do me. After what you did to me I dont think we could ever get together. It all starts with a push, and then later down the line im getting my ass beat." After i said the last part the look of hurt filled his eyes.

"Are you sure that's what you want" He asked placing his hand on my hand

"Yea, im absolutely sure" I said looking everywhere but at him. 

"Well I'll respect yo wishes, we can be friends...bestfriends?" He said smiling at me with all his damn teeth showing.

"Yea we can be bestfriends. Damn you smiling hard as fuck Jay. What you so happy for?" I asked him smiling back

"Cause I though I was gone lose you cause of what I did. And you telling me we can be bestfriends means imma still have you around in my life. Im glad we could talk this out Shea" He said looking in my eyes

"Aww Jay that was too cute!" I said pinching his cheeks "But I gotta go cause I got some things to do." I told him getting up from the couch.

"Well damn bestfriend we can chill?" He asked

"Nope I gotta get going, so kiss Nina for me and I'll see you at school tomorrow." I said getting up, hugging him then going out the door.

I get in the car and think about what just happened. Im so happy that me and Jay are friends...better yet, bestfriends again. Now it's time for me to call Trell before he have a heart attack.