Chapter 18

Liz's. P.O.V

ONE YEAR LATER

"Tom, are you sure this is ok?" I asked.

"Of course, babe. I wouldn't have it any other way." He said as he gave me a quick peck on my lips.

We were in the car, just about to arrive at him and the boy's house in London.

"But what if they don't like me?" 

"They're gonna love you, Liz." Tom said as he opened the car door for me and carried my bag.

Tom and I had been dating for almost a year now. I ended up spending the last few weeks at the Sykes' house alone with Nathan's mum. After our argument, he left right away to pursue music. That's all I was told about where he was going and why. We haven't spoken since, and I was fine with that. MY love turned back into hate and I honestly didn't give a crap about him anymore. I was enrolled at the University of London in the fall, so I came there and fortunately never ran into Nathan. I did, however, run into Tom. We started hanging out more, and one thing led to another. Now we're a couple. Tom was in a boy band along with four other lads, whom I've never seen or spoken to. They were just starting out and hadn't became too popular yet, so I had never heard of them.  Tom didn't want to introduce us yet, I wasn't even sure why. Today was finally the day, and I was nervous.

The house was massive! Tom opened the door for me and gave me a brief tour of the inside. Finally, we arrived at what appears to be the tv room, where I spotted four boys. A tall guy with gorgeous curls and  a tall, dark, and handsome guy were playing pool in the left corner of the room. I spotted another guy lying down on the couch with his phone in his hand. I couldn't see his face. An almost bald guy with stunning eyes approached me first. 

"Hello, love. You must be Tom's bird." He said with a big smile on his face.

"Yes, haha. I'm Liz." I replied.

"I'm Max." He said as he pulled me into a friendly hug. 

The next ones to approach me were named Jay and Siva. They were all so nice and welcoming. Maybe I was worried for nothing. After a couple minutes, the guy who was lying down on the couch got up to introduce himself. I still hadn't seen his face. He finally turned around and started walking towards me and I think my heart stopped right then and there. Nathan. 

He seemed to recognize me too and he froze on the spot.

"You're Tom's bird?!" He practically yelled.

"You're his bandmate?!" I retorted.

"What the hell is going on?" Tom asked as he stepped in between Nathan and I.

"Tom, do you remember when we first met?" I asked.

"Yeah. By Big Ben." He responded, clearly not remembering Nathan.

"Yes. And that guy I was with asked you to take a picture of us?"

"That was Nathan?"

"That was Tom?" Nathan asked, seeing shocked.

"Yes." I responded as I looked at the floor

"So you two are already friends then?" Max asked from several feet away

"Pfft. As if." Nathan said harshly as he walked past me, bumping into me as he did so.

"I see you haven't changed." I yelled out to him as he started going up the stairs. 

"Fuck off, Lizzy." Nathan yelled back.

"Oi! Be nice!" Jay yelled at Nathan.

"Thanks, Jay. It's alright. Nathan's always hated me, even when we were little kids. I'm used to it." 

"But you seemed to get along when I met you in front of Big Ben." Tom said, seeming quite puzzled.

"That was right after I dumped my boyfriend. Nathan's mum made him be nice to me, so he acted like a friend for a day. After that, things went back to normal, though. Haven't seen or spoken to him since."

The boys nodded and sat me down on the couch. We started to chat and get to know each other. This wouldn't be so bad. It's not like Nath and I had to talk to each other. I could just ignore him. The rest of the lads were wonderful. I think I'd like it here. This would be a great summer.