Chapter 12

Nathan hadn't told me  where we were going, he just said it was a surprise. He left a note for his mum on the table though, since she would probably be coming home today.

Today I was wearing a pair of distressed, light wash shorts that sat on my waist, with a baggy tank top tucked in and my Toms. I brought a hoodie too, just in case. It was England. The weather changes so quickly here. 

"Ready?" Nathan asked as I stepped out of my room.

"Yep. Still not telling me where we're going?" 

"Nope." He winked and opened the door for me as we stepped out.

All I knew was that we were going somewhere out of town. Nathan blindfolded me while he bought the train tickets. This was getting ridiculous. I would find out soon enough, anyway. I stood against the wall, still blindfolded, for a few minutes when I suddenly felt a pair of arms grab me by my waist, and pull me closer to them. I was about to say something when the blindfold was taken off of me. I expected to see Nathan in front of me, but I was dead wrong. 

"Jake?" I said so softly, it was almost a whisper.

"I've missed you, babe. Why haven't you been returning my calls? I rang you almost 50 times."

"You know why, Jake. Please, just go. We're done." I said while looking directly into his eyes.

He paused for a second, before grabbing my arm and dragging me to a less crowded area in the train station. He pinned me against the wall and his face was now inches away from mine.

"You know that you want me back as much as I want you back." He whispered.

"No, Jake. I really don't. We're over. Please, just go. I said, as I tried to push him away. Before I could get out of his grasp, he pressed his lips against mine. 

"Ugh, Jake. Stop it." I said as I tried to get him off of me again.

He continued kissing me. I didn't stop trying to get him off of me. I kicked him, pushed him, but he wouldn't budge. Suddenly, a figure from behind Jake pulled him off of me, and I was free of his touch. 

"Dude, it's over. She doesn't want this." Nathan said to Jake, as he tried moving closer to me.

"This has nothing to do with you, Nathan. Just go. Liz and I need to talk."

"No, Lizzy doesn't want to talk to you. She's coming with me."

And then Nathan grabbed my hand and led me towards the platform we were waiting on.

"I'm not giving up on you, Liz! We need to talk!" Jake yelled out from behind us. I ignored him. I knew that he would probably call me again later. And again. And again. Luckily, I turned my phone off so I wouldn't have to be bothered by anyone anymore. 

"Are you alright?" Nathan asked, turning around to face me.

"I'm fine now." I said, trying to force a smile.

I looked around us and noticed the sign on the platform. Now I knew where we were going.

"We're going to London?"