Chapter 2

I woke up feeling great. My hangover was gone, and I fell asleep right away last night. I was going to see Jake today, so that also made my day a whole lot better. I glanced over at the clock hanging on the wall, which indicated that it was 9:00 a.m. I picked up my phone and texted Jake, asking what time we were going out today.

What time do u wanna hang out today? xx, Liz

I got a reply almost instantly.

 Morning babe <3 How about I pick you up in an hour? xx

I texted Jake back before getting ready. I knew that Mrs. Sykes wasn't home, and knowing Nathan, he'd be asleep for a few more hours. Normally I would leave a note, but like I said, Nath's mum wasn't home anyway, so there really was no point. 

*****************************

Jake and I had just had breakfast at the local cafe, and now we were walking to the park, hand in hand.   I really missed this. For the past few months, I was always busy studying or finishing up projects, so Jake and I hadn't really got to spend much time together. Now that it was summer, I could have him all to myself. 

Once we got to the park, I sat down on the grass and Jake sat beside me. It was warm out, so we were both in shorts. I rested my head against his chest for what seemed like forever.

"I love you so much." Jake whispered in my ear, breaking the silence.

"I love you too" I said as I leaned in for a kiss. He had one hand around my waist and the other in my hair. I had my hands wrapped behind his neck. This moment was so perfect. We were alone, and the park was empty except for the occasional person walking by every once in awhile. The kiss started to get a bit more intense, and eventually we were lying down on the grass, arms still wrapped around each other. We were not doing this here. I gently pulled away and a flash of disappointment showed on his face.

"Do you really wanna do this here" I said, gesturing to the area around us.

"Good point."

"Save it for later." I stood up, and reached my hand out to Jake. Instead of using it to prop himself up, he pulled me down on top of him. I squealed and hit him lightly on the shoulder. He started tickling me and I burst out laughing.

"Stop!" I said in between giggles.

"Never!" Jake replied as he continued to tickle me. As his face got closer to mine, I pressed my lips against his, and he kissed me back. We both got up, and walked back towards his car. I wish we could just lay here forever, without a worry in the world.