Chapter 13

Nathan and I stepped off of the train, hand in hand. I wasn't sure how we led to holding hands, though. It just kinda happened. I guess he was trying to make me feel better after my encounter with Jake, who was still on my mind, despite my best efforts to forget him.

"You still haven't answered my question, Nath. What are we doing here?"

"I told you it was a surprise. You weren't even supposed to know that we were coming to London."

"Fine, don't tell me." I said as I let go of his hand and faked a pout.

"Aw, come on Lizzy. Don't be like that." Nathan said as he wrapped me in a tight hug from behind.

I giggled and moved closer to him as he grabbed my hand again.

Why was I enjoying this? Nathan and I still hated each other, he was just being nice because he felt sorry for me. Right? I took a quick glance in Nathan's direction when he wasn't looking. Wow. His side fringe fell over his forehead perfectly and his eyes were the most perfect shade of green. Wait. Why was I thinking about Nathan like this? A couple days ago, we were enemies. He hated me. I hated him. He made me feel like shit and he made my life a living hell. I would try and put that in the past while spending time with him, but I don't think I would ever be able to forgive him for that.

*******************************************************

Nathan's P.O.V

I was doing everything I could to try and make her feel comfortable around me. She needed someone to talk to, especially after what happened back at the train station with Jake. Honestly, I felt bad. For years, I've been saying really cruel things to her. I didn't even realise what I was saying, to be honest. I didn't ever think that what I was doing was wrong. I simply thought she took it as a joke and didn't really care what I thought of her. Just by seeing how upset she was the other day because of Jake, I realised that maybe she was more sensitive than I thought. Plus, I can't be mean to her after that. She would feel even worse, and mum would kill me. Honestly, I'm starting to like Lizzy. As a friend though, of course. I always assumed she was a bitch, so I treated her like one. Now that I've started to get to know her, I found out that she's far from that. She's really nice and funny, and I wish I could've been nicer before so we could've been friends years ago. Whatever. The past is the past. I was lost in my thoughts and I found myself staring at the ground. When I looked up, I saw that Lizzy was staring at me.

"What?" I asked with a chuckle.

"Nothing. I just noticed that you have really pretty eyes, Nath." 

"Uh, thanks I guess."

That comment actually made me feel really uncomfortable. Was she checking me out? What if she started to think of me as more than a friend? Crap. I couldn't have her fall for me, or else I would have to break her heart, which was the last thing I wanted to do. I have to stop being as nice. I would still try to be friendly and welcoming, but I had to tone it down a notch. Hopefully she would get the message.