Chapter 4

After spending the night at Jake's, I figured I should head back to the Sykes house. I got there at about 2 in the afternoon, so I figured Nathan would probably be up. Whatever. We didn't have to talk, anyways. I would just stay in my room. I closed to front door behind me and stepped inside. I could hear the faint sound of music playing. But it wasn't the music that Nathan usually had blaring from his speakers, it was the sound of a piano, I think? It was definitely a different type of music. I continued down the hall, following the sound of the music. I went up the stairs, and the music seemed to be getting louder, which meant that I must be close. I stopped in front of the second door on the right. I rarely ever went up here when I went to Nathan's house. This room was just used for storage before, but obviously they made some renovations to it. The door was half open, so I peeked inside. Nathan's back was to me. He was sitting in front of a piano, playing a song that I wasn't familiar with. Not only was he playing, he was playing damn well. I'd known Nathan for years, but he never told me that he could play the piano. He was also singing, which was also a surprise to me. I wondered what else I didn't know about Nathan. But wow. His voice was just...wow. He was amazing. 

I found myself lost in his music. I stood there for several minutes, just listening to his voice. I didn't mean to be a creep, but he was just so damn good. After finishing a song, Nathan turned around and I panicked. 

"What are you doing here?"

"I heard music, so I came to see where it was coming from."

"I thought you weren't coming back."

"Why would you think that?" I asked.

"Cause you were gone yesterday and all morning today, so I figured you decided to stay somewhere else."

"No, I was just sleeping over at Jake's house." I explained.

"Wow. Are you that stupid?" He said, clearly pissed off but what else was new?

"Huh?" I was confused. What did Nathan mean?

"Why do you even bother with Jake? You know he's just gonna cheat on you anyway."

"Wow.You are such an asshole, Nathan."

"Stop being such a bitch and get over it." He said to me, before shoving me aside as he left the room with the piano.

Why did he hate me so much? I just wanted to get out of this house. He hated me so much, I couldn't stand him. I don't know if I can take this anymore.